mavlink not connecting

hi all,

Let me start with everything was working fine yesterday. Today i go out for more testing and mavlink will  not connect via radio so i plugged in the usb hoping to fix th issue, windows detects the a[m but mavlink will not connect, here is a list of what i have already tried;

update software, downgrade software, drivers, changed cable, changed pc,  system restore, complete uninstall of all software and re-install, tried a second apm and still nothing connecting. it has me freaking baffled and any helpful suggestions would be appreciated, so any ideas? what info do i need to supply to help fix this?
I have been through the forums and have not found a solution that works even tho other have had this issue in the past and it was fixed by downgrading then upgrading, tried that  and still no joy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

The problem here is not THAT bad(I have only one APM and it's not connecting)

Just wrote a post in another group, but the problem here looks the same, so I'll just copy-paste my post:

I got my first APM (2.6) two days ago and I still can't connect.
    After clicking "CONNECT" comes a window "Trying to connect. Timeout in 30", after 30 seconds comes second window "Can not establish connection\n. Please check..." and after clicking OK is the error message "Error - No Heatbeat Packets Received"

What I've tried:

- trying it on two PCs - Win7(64bit) and Win 7(32bit) (all the usb ports)

- using 3 different cables

- turning off bluetooth, other usbs

- reinstaling MP, restarting PCs

On both PC's the APM is recognised as a com port and I used the right MP version, Com port and Baud rate.

I ordered my APM from the 3DR official dealer in Greece and I REALLY want to try anything else but returning it, because I left Greece already.

Can you give me some other tips or links to other groups/topics/forums, which can be helpful?

Thank you in advance!

Untitled.png

• When you refer to software do you mean "firmware"
    And have you 100 percent confirmed that this is occurring on two separate APM boards using two different PC's?
    What was you thought behind restoring both computers
    This is a very easy issue if you are referencing one APM board and one computer
    But if you are truly having the same issue with 2 boards and multiple computers I will defer to the others on this forum
    Good luck
This reply was deleted.