Motors spin direction

Hello,

I'm setting up an X6 with APM Planner on a Mac. The FCU is a 3DR Pixhawk.

My problem is that the motors spin in the opposite direction: so top left spins CCW instead of CW, and so on.

To be more clear, each arm has its own motor spinning alternatively (CCW, CW, CCW etc.) but flipped compared to what is required by Ardupilot setup guide.

Is it a problem or I can keep them spinning like this?

I would avoid to change the ESC connections because I mounted the ESC and the motors very, very tight... I should unmount most of the chassis to do it.

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @ActionDrone

APM provides no self-configuration option for ESC + motors

so you need to run motor tests from Mission Planner

to verify individual ESC + motor match preselected ports with Pixhawk

to avoid flipping on the ground.

Spinning direction is one issue,  proper ESC connection is another problem to be solved by you.

In theory APM PRO could provide ESC + motor autoconfiguration since ESC ports can be software switched to match designed motor layout and designed CCW, CW settings

to avoid problems with selecting other sockets for your ESC.

Today you need to do that job manually and run configuration tests on yourself.

• I think The only way to go is swapping 2 of 3 AC cables between esc and motors. If there id a software óption to reverse motor spin, i dont know. But is always better do things the way those things are expected to be done, rather than doing workarounds. Telling you due to self experience. Lots of crashes Just to save time and work, ended wasting time anyway, and many bucks.
This reply was deleted.