Replies

• This depends on how the power module fails.  If just the BEC fails, then the external UBEC would supply power to the flight controller.  If the power module failed completely, every thing looses power and the aircraft will crash.  If the flight battery fails, the aircraft will crash...

The point here is unless you have multiple flight batteries powering multiple power modules, there is no way to have a totally redundant power supply.

So, the real "fix" for this is to build and test the aircraft with meticulous attention to detail.

• Hi Clifton,

yes indeed you are right. may it be considered a power module backup, just in case I am using it. Do you agree? 

Should I use a zener diode to eliminate sudden peak voltage? 

Which port should I use for UBEC and Zener? 

regards.

Clifton Hipsher said:

Yes, but if you power the UBEC from the flight battery and that battery goes dead you really don't have a backup.

• True, but if the flight battery goes dead it doesn't really matter if the FC works if props aren't spinning.

• Yes, but if you power the UBEC from the flight battery and that battery goes dead you really don't have a backup.

• It would depend on the amp rating for the UBEC I would think.  The link to the one you've provided indicates 7.5A, I'm going to bet that would probably be just fine.  You just need to find out how much each draws under the maximum load.  If it's more than 7.5A, I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

This reply was deleted.