Quad flips over on power up

Hey All, 

I have a FPV-Quad with DJI-OPTA 30amp ESC's and 3DR motors. This is all controlled with a APM2.6 Unit, with GPS and Telemetry. I am controling with a er9X controller with the added board for easy USB updating and programming. 

Issue:

On powering up the motors for lift off the quad starts to lift off them it goes noes down and flips over on it self. 

What I have done so far: 

• First Time Setup and Calibration (countless times)
  • Reloaded the firmware
  • Redid the Calibrations (thinking i must have screwed something up)
  • Stepped through the er9x configs
  • Searched to forums and trouble shooting guides and followed all the standard recommendations.
  • Went into the CLI mode and ran the test's on the motors - this did nothing, but i think its more do to the DJI ESC's then anything else from what I have read
  • Checked all the props and motor rotations several times. Motors are spinning right, the props are on correct, etc. 
  • Searched to forums and trouble shooting guides for more recommendations.
  • Scratched head an did the list again, looking for something I must have missed
  • Adjust the trims on the radio, no change, made drastic changes, still no changes

I am sure I am missing something simple, but if anyone can hand me a flashlight I am lost in the dark! 

3691062226?profile=original

FPV-Quad.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for posting this. I just got my 450 size quad up in the air. I had the same cable mix-up as you. 

• p.s. nice looking frame
  • Now to tidy up the wires with some looming and we will be ready to show and go. 

Thanks to everyone for the replys. 

• I have double checked the motor config. I am using the 3DR motor block in X-Mode with arrow facing the right way. I have them hooked up correctly as far as I can tell. I have also gone through the props to double check them. I have also double checked I mounted the APM in the right direction also. No changes needed with any of them, so I think I am good there. I will do the logging today and post the out put. 

Tunning completed successfully: 

• Compass
    • Accel
    • Radio

hmm,

Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate the help for sure. 

• Make sure your motors are connected to the APM board in the correct sequence.

I had this, and had made a simple mistake of connecting #3 to the #1 output. 

• I had this happen when my props were in wrong order

• I had a similar issue a few months ago - turned out that the output lines were connected the wrong way. You might want to check that the outputs go to the correct motors.

• did you check that the board is in the correct way, you know forward arrow pointing to the front?

• Developer

Did you do the level accelerometer calibration? Can you post a log?

If you list our specifically which calibration steps you did, as that is always helpfu. It's easier got people then to spot steps you may potentially have missed. Thx

This reply was deleted.