hello,

i am looking for a transmitter/ receiver with voltage telemetry and as many position switches as possible

The spektrum DX8 seems to fit the bill but i have seen alot of people complaining about sudden loss of connection for no reason - this has a 3 position switch - its the bad reviews that convince me not to buy it.

Futabas only system with telemetry is the T14sg but it looks like that only has 2 position switches.

is there any transmitter with a 6 position switch built in (without having to use two physical switches) that also has telemetry or is the DX8 actually reliable ?

thanks

Damo

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

If you are not in hurry, wait few weeks or till end of this month and FrSky Taranis should be available. We have few Taranis radios to test now and their quality is good. Also you can have all telemetries etc for that. 

We have been working lately with MAVLink/FrSky bridge system that is now working rather well on Taranis radios. (MAVLink/IOBoard post). 

We at jDrones will move fully to use Taranis radios on all our kits, RTF sets etc. So stay tuned.

• Check out the FrSky Taranis.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CEY...

Up to 16 channels
    $200 w/ 8ch rx
    $175 w/o

I haven't picked one up yet, but it will be a huge leap from the dx6i.
  • T3
    The Spektrum is expensive, but the support is great!
  • Hey there,

Damo,

You might look into the Hitec Aurora 9. I use this tx, it is awesome. By itself, it gives main batt voltage, and that can be alarmed. With the telemetry module you can monitor: voltage, amperage, (with extrapolated wattage), 4 temperature sensors,2 RPM sensors, one optical and one magnetic. All of this can be extremely useful. In fact, it was my idea to have the tx remember all of the highest readings so you can make note of them. How hot did that esc get, what was my max RPM,etc.? Hitec listens to their users and puts their ideas into their software upgrades.

You can also break into the module and change out the ant. wire, so you can amp the signal. I have heard of of ranges of many miles, without loss of telemetry. I have not done this yet, but soon.

As far as a 6-pos switch, get a 6-pos switch and swap it out for switch C. Of course, doing any of this voids the warranty, but I never had any problem with mine, and I have repaired broken switches myself, it's easy.

Check it out.

Tom

• If its switches you want , also look at the Spektrum DX18 or the 10S, the latter having switch MODULES so you can customise your layout.

• The 14SG has 6 three position switches, one two position, and one two position momentary.

• I have been using the DX8 for 3 years now with helicopters small plains and now for 18 months using dji and using APM2.5

on Quad copters and I use the 3 position switch and as far as I am concerned in my thinking DX8 is the one for me but that is only my own thoughts and use.

Bob

This reply was deleted.