TBS Discovery & Pixhawk load of problems :(

Good morning DIY DRONES,

You guys are my only hope as I have tried everything I can to fix this problems but it seems like an never ending journey.

So, let's me start by saying that I have followed and researched about every possible way to build a TBS Discovery with Pixhawk but my knowledge is still very limited, as I keep on reading, I feel like I have made so many stupid mistake.

So my TBS build list:

TBS Discovery w/ core.

900kv TBS motors and bulletproof escs

9x5 propellers

Pixhawk w/ GPS

4500mah 4s battery.

I have been facing so many problems since thay day I switch from 750kv to 900kv, as everybody said the samething, 900kv is way much better, better bearing, i choose 900kv for long flight etc...

After I install the 900kv on my tbs, everything started to fall apart, Mag_field is really high, over 680 :( Vibration is absolutely ridiculous (eventhough my X+Y axis is still under range but my Z is way beyond measure). My quad could not hold position or altitude, when I fly in stabilize mode it seems to be okie but when i switched from stabilize to either Loiter or Altitude hold, the quad started shooting up and down just like when you change throttle from lowest position to highest in a matter of second. I have to switch to stabilize mode immediately other it will keeps going up.

Could you guys please help me to make this right, i'm truly desperate, i have tried everything but non of them seems to work. 

Please find my attachment for the log file, i have tried to fly it as long as i can to review the problems. Please DIYDrones, you are my only hope. 2014-09-12%2023-29-04.log

P/s: I have calibrated all escs,  compass, etc.. I followed the introduction closely but non seems to work

3691150474?profile=original

3691150342?profile=original

3691150567?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Anyone? Please help me

• Have you tested your quad balance and center of gravity?, this is key, and as I see your battery placement ,you may have a problem there.

Your props may be too small,
      Why don't you go back to the 750 motors?, with 10 or 11 inches props?
    • The center of gravity isn't the problem here as when I fly I will add some counter weight at the front. For the 750kv motors, as

• I'd ditch the loom.  I found with my pixhawk hard plastic loom rattled against the case and caused vibrations. I ran some electrical tape around the body to tape it flat - so it wouldn't hit the pixhawk.  Now my vib's are sub -10 for z and ~ 3-5 for x and y.

• Get Kyosho zel gel its green as your anti vibration. Its really good stuff.

• I'm mounting it on a 4 1x1 pieces of Kyosho zel as well. But it doesn't help that much lol :D

• I would try it out, but how do you mount your pixhawk? on gel pad? 

I can't understand the vibration clearly, but as I can see alot of people using CC3D on pixhawk without any vibration mount. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know that there is load of functions ont he pixhawk and best of all it is opensource. But will it be a whole lot easier for user to use something that is vibration free? Why don't 3DR just build in a internal vibration damping?

Thanks,

Long

• I think the 750kv would have given you longer flight time. But not to say a big difference.

You will need to retune the PIDs abit as now you are running a faster motor and the old 750kv setting may not work well. You may need to tone it down a bit.

• Thanks Randy Ram,

I used SeanM PID for both my 750kv and 900kv, his PID was really good baseline (as he used that PID to run on a 900kv not 750kv). It is very strange that when I use his PID (designed for 900kv) for a my 750kv it worked a lot better.

I want to try the auto-tune function but it won't not hold altitude, so i don't what to do next.

This reply was deleted.