Catapult for a Skywalker plane

3691129139?profile=originalBefore a long time and many practice I learn to hand launch my Sw 168 but I'm not confort because I'm a small woman and it's an efford for me to launch my hevy sw with FPV, camera APM etc.so I saw Brett catapult and decided to build one

THANK'S BRETT FOR THE IDEA AND BUIDING DETAILS!!! :) :) . MARTINLERE FOR HELP ME, AND THANK'S FOR THIS DISCUSSION GROUP!!!

Now I'm finishing it, only some little details to finish and try but I want to share with you my advances; I'm in winter now and bad weather to fly but good to build. ;)

3691129165?profile=original3691129021?profile=original3691129216?profile=original3691129191?profile=originalThe union tubes are soldered because someone reports at RC Groups that they loosen

3691129243?profile=original3691129036?profile=originalHow I attached

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do you have picture of the mounting points on the Skywalker?

• Sorry, I recently see your message, It's this

3702600046?profile=original

• It's like the wings one but downside, looks under the Tx video

• https://vimeo.com/125851438

• Thanks for the link Cala.  My Skywalker turned out to be so heavy that I think the catapult would destroy it trying to get the plane above stall speed within the two meter length of the rail.

I did build a catapult for my RVJet.  You can see that video here.

• Thank's for your video, I work a lot to hand launch my planes, I notice that when you try to handlaunch and failed, you need more power from your motor, I'm not have enougth force and not tall so I replace with motor force to take off.

• Cala,

How did this turn out?  Did you ever successfully launch your Skywalker with the catapult? Do you have any video to share?

• Yes, I succesfully lauch it, but finally I learn to lauch from my hand, I program the radio to move the elevator at first step take off, (now the auto take off works nicely too), I have a little short video from the first time, looks for it and share; the only problem I not resolved is the activate system, is good for a wingspan plane but more difficult to lauch with an airplane, my next build is going to be a phantom wingspan and thinks to use with it. 

• I couldn't try yet, waiting a good weather weekend :(

Hernan, si te referis al foro aeromodelismo, quería poder hacer el video primero, pero cuando tengo tiempo esta feo y cuando esta bueno no pude pero ya llegará.;)

• You need some mechanism to stop the shuttle otherwise it will hit at the end better to take pulley in center and use your bunjee to take the shock.

This reply was deleted.