Anyone had problem ordering from 3DR store?

Hi everyone,

I need your help for my order from 3DR store.

I have ordered IRIS+ back in 19 May 2015.
It has passed for about a month now but it didn't even start to ship.

If I see the tracking information that they have given me, it just says "Label created".
When I called FedEx they said that they haven't received the package.
So I have created couple of tickets in 3DR site, and sent several emails complaining
about the delayed shipment, but they are not answering.

Anyone had similar experience?

If you did, how or to whom did you contact to solve the issue?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics

Hi Jason,

We're actually changing that.  We'll be adding back the USPS option, with and without insurance.  I'll get back to you with a time frame.

• Did you have a written contract Clayton?  You seem to describe a handshake deal.  I'm going to be using 3DR platforms... and I'll have a contract directly or a third party support operation contract.

• I have always been a 3DR supporter since the day I started in the industry 2 years ago, owning many of their units (X8's, Iris+'s, Y6a, Y6b, and more) and have not once been disappointed with the technology itself! Even promoting the product and company as a 3dr street team member.

However when it comes to dealing with 3DR as a company, I've waisted months of time, been forced to cancel countless orders due to a complete lack of support, and the constant inaccurate statements of being told today's the day it will ship, or today's the day it will be release, only to find out a week later the products aren't even in stock or have been pushed back months.

And most recently what would almost seem as a taunt to receive thank you email about products I'm now am told I won't be receiving for another month (and thats providing they can keep their word, which at the moment seems to be a big reach). My last order took international calling 3DR directly several times as no one seemed to have any idea except it'll go out on priority, and this was just inaccurate, because later I found out it wasn't even in stock. And just today I'm informed (after receiving an email weeks ago thanking me for being a first solo user) that its release is now pushed back till July and it won't be shipped till at least July 15th. We only have a good 4 month season to complete work and if the date were to be pushed back further, I could lose a major part of my season, forcing me to find another different model last minute or increase the workload in a shorter timeframe to make up for the work the additional unit would have done or even taking a loss in work entirely as a result of not being able to meet the demand. How could I justify not converting my operations to Dji? I'd almost be gambling if I didn't. 

Now this may be acceptable for toy manufacturers for which individuals aren't relying upon their products as a tool for work. But this is not the case, especially when they boast their products ability to be a key new tool everybody should consider. How could anyone even consider using these drones as a tool, when the moment parts or another unit is required, it takes months and continuous guarantees that never happen. When the tools to complete the work are unavailable then the work can't be done, and people will eventually find an individual who has the tools to do such work. This means work lost as a result and more important profit lost. Some locations are also limited to seasonal work only, and to have to rely on a company who consistently fails to uphold their word, or timeframes is practically impossible. It's like signing up for a losing battle. The only thing 3DR has been consistent with, is never keeping to their word (which is their timetable).

I'm not foolish enough to believe any company is without its bugs, life's not perfect and it shouldn't be, but when does one draw a line and find a solution thats reliable, by a company that will uphold their timetable, and understand how, by not doing so this could have underlying costs for the user. (Unless of course their concern isn't about the user, then thats a whole other issue altogether).

I think there needs to be better accountability for whats happening, and posting about a gimbal, is virtually useless when it's practically impossible to get a drone, let alone one to fly it.

• +1 

and that's after they received millions of $ in capital venture funding.....

So if all this money cannot fix their store problem looks like they are in a big fix......

• Need experienced aerospace product support people... the IT folk won't get them there, IMHO.

• Need experienced aerospace product support people... to reply to an email....? LOL

• I give up,
    I have written email many times,
    sent ticket,
    written on facebook
    written here on the forum.
    and I still have not received an answer.
    I cancell the order and ordering drones from DJI instead.
    We are an educational institution (university) and we have to use many drones in the future.
    We will educate students to use drones, and when these students get jobs in private they will probably continue to use the drones they have used here during their training.
    we would like to have 3dr as a supplier, but we just can not use a company with such a bad service.
    So my advice to others is, do not waste your time and money on 3drobotic, it is not a serious company.

• What country are you in Frank?  I have seen "shipping to USA & Canada" on some of 3DR's pages..... that leads me to believe they cannot ship to certain countries. But that's just an assertion on my part.

• I haven't been waiting for as long as some of you, but now I'm nervous. I placed an order for a couple stock IRIS+ batteries and some cables on 5/30 and it hasn't budged since "label created". I thought I was thinking way ahead of time for a big trip on 7/8 for which I need that gear, but it looks like I'll have to order some backups.

• 3D Robotics

Hi Justin,

Please send an email to me at vu@3dr.com and I'll make sure you'll get your items in time.

This reply was deleted.