Anyone had problem ordering from 3DR store?

Hi everyone,

I need your help for my order from 3DR store.

I have ordered IRIS+ back in 19 May 2015.
It has passed for about a month now but it didn't even start to ship.

If I see the tracking information that they have given me, it just says "Label created".
When I called FedEx they said that they haven't received the package.
So I have created couple of tickets in 3DR site, and sent several emails complaining
about the delayed shipment, but they are not answering.

Anyone had similar experience?

If you did, how or to whom did you contact to solve the issue?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Noticed that as well... one needs to use Google's Chrome browser to get full functionality. Microsoft browsers apparently are not in vogue in California, so you have to use Chrome. Or Safari of course for you Mac users.

• Distributor

Safari users are also left out.

• Hmmm, worked ok on my Mac Mini a few weeks ago.

• I have a problem with two orders R330861273 and R091468116. I paid this with a Colombian credit card but since 2015-05-25 my order is in Balance Due. In several times i contacted with 3DR's support via email (Casey, Vicent and Mario Bolaños from 3DR) and today my order still in the same status.

I requested to cancel the order R330861273 because i think there is a problem with the name of the credit card, but this order has not been canceled. The other one is the order that i want. but the status never have changed

Anyone have the same problem or anyone from 3DR can help me??

• 3D Robotics

Hi Alvaro,

I checked your tickets and the orders you're asking about were cancelled on the day you requested.  We are working on the integration between our order fulfillment system and our web store.  I'm sorry for the confusion.   

As for your latest order, we are having problems with your credit card for the reasons you stated in your ticket.  We'll reach out to you today to work out a way for payment.

• Join the club. Been waiting a month and a half for some legs.
    • 3D Robotics

HI Gregg,

Can you send me your order number?  I'll get to the bottom of this for you.

• Distributor

My orders are paid in full with credit card and are also in "Balance due" status. I have been told that it is normal.

• 3DR ordering process is jacked. I ordered 2 items almost a month ago and had no indication of a back order for the MinimOSD (which I have not received). I called when getting a confirmation email for only 1 item shipping and the rep said no, that both items are in the shipment. Shipment arrives without MinimOSD and showing back order on the packing slip. I call in again and another rep says they finally have them in stock but can't tell me when it will ship. 

It's great that the new Solo is going SO WELL that they can't keep up (words from rep)..but really, can't ship or tell me when an order for a MinimOSD will ship from a month ago?!?!? 3DR can build what is supposedly an awesome drone but can't keep track of inventory or  accurately communicate with customers when they can expect to receive product.

I'm sorry to say I don't know who you can call and resolve the problem. We are obviously at their mercy when they can work us into the schedule.

-Jon

• I don't think its a matter of being angry, cause I'm definitely not angry, but rather about constantly being disappointed, only to hear that don't worry it will happen, only to get nowhere slow and be let down again. An individual can only accept disappointment for so long before they just lose all hope. 

I've always felt for a business your only as good as your word and ones ability to uphold it. I'm not saying things don't happen, cause it would be unrealistic to think that, however at some point in time there needs to be change. The growing pains must be overcome eventually, otherwise success is impossible. 

Some customers rely upon these tools to complete their tasks, and by not being able to complete their work also puts their credibility at risk. As a consumer, we can only be understanding for so long before we must (and are pretty much forced to) go find something else to do.

For example, I received an email even thanking me for being one of the first Solo users, asking me to report any issues, when I had received a Solo as of yet, n'or was I scheduled to receive one until June 22.

After saying they could not figure out what happened and would contact me back to let me know what happened. Only after I reached out to them a few times did they say that they had no idea, must have been an error. And now today I get an email saying my pre order's been pushed back till July 15th.

While I do appreciate more than anything the offer of a free battery as a result of the gimbal delay (I never personally intended on the gimbal right away anyway), the free battery is absolutely useless if I never receive my Solo to use it with, (winter here starts Oct-Early Nov and at -40*C flying is out of the question) and now according an email the batteries are pushed till July15th.

So did this overload of batteries put to much pressure on production? If so why risk pushing the release further back?

And what if what occurred today with the push back occurs again? Then i'll have been waiting for nothing again, forcing me to scramble to find an alternative such as a Phantom 3 to make up lost time.

Most have no problem waiting, if they know that it will happen on the date they've been told, but when thats not possible, and the dates continuously come and go, then how could anyone put any form of faith in it actually ever happening? It would almost like be saying it may or may not on time, we don't really know, but keep hope anyway. 

You can't be effective at completing your goals/work or meeting the demand, relying on service that is insufficient.

At one point (I'd say a little over a year ago) 3DR ordering was actually pleasant, now it's become a nightmare...

This reply was deleted.