Anyone had problem ordering from 3DR store?

Hi everyone,

I need your help for my order from 3DR store.

I have ordered IRIS+ back in 19 May 2015.
It has passed for about a month now but it didn't even start to ship.

If I see the tracking information that they have given me, it just says "Label created".
When I called FedEx they said that they haven't received the package.
So I have created couple of tickets in 3DR site, and sent several emails complaining
about the delayed shipment, but they are not answering.

Anyone had similar experience?

If you did, how or to whom did you contact to solve the issue?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To agree with many of you... 3DR makes some cool stuff, I love their support for the open platform, and they have a slick web page.  But...  they seem more into the gear than into the business. A while back I orderd a minim OSD from 3DR, webpage showed in stock.  Several weeks later I get an e-mail that well, really it wasn't in stock, then the parts come another week later.

I saw a post elsewhere on the forum where a member was looking to replace the small telemetry radio that connects to PC or phone.  3DR does not seem to sell them.  I was looking to replace the Android micro USB adapter cable that I had misplaced (I have since found it) and again 3DR just doesn't offer them.  It seems a crap shoot which parts they support and which they don't.  And now that Solo is out I suspect the Iris support will get even worse.  When I crashed recently and broke a blue arm and black arm I didn't eve think about getting replacements from 3DR.  3rd party much faster and more reliable.

• I would like to hear success story on drone's spare parts being printed on 3D printers, operated by third parties.

• Distributor

Here we go again. Order sitting for 2 weeks without any notice at all

• 3D Robotics

Hi,

I just checked your order and we had an item on backorder.  I was able to find it and your order will go out today.  Please let me know if there's anything else I can do!

• Just to echo the comments here - I'm really reluctant to say anything because of what 3DR have contributed to the industry as a whole but my recent experience with ordering is ridculous. I placed an order 5/21 in order to arrive in time for a trip I was making to the US on 3/7 (you can probably already see where this is going). Then nothing happened for a while, after a couple of weeks I started mailing - no response. Then I phoned, was told the order now being processed, still nothing happened. Phoned again - told that it was blocked because one of the items was on back order. Told them to remove the item and ship it. Still nothing. PM'd Vu, e-mailed Chris A based on this thread - was assured stuff would get sorted. Phoned again a couple of days later, was given a fedex number. Fedex number didn't work - assumed it was because it was still in the shipping process. Still nothing else, no e-mail, nothing. Phoned again quite frustrated - first conversation was that it was being shipped out now, then was told that actually the order had been cancelled because of a problem with payment - and I would have to place the order again! I guess this was because it was after 30 days when I placed the order and the credit card auth had expired. At this point it was about 4 days before my trip - they offered to ship it to the UK for 25% off the shipping fee of $125! Didn't seem like it was worth it, so I made the guy on the phone re-enter the order and asked them to ship to my friend in the US in case it arrived in time - he said it would ship in the next couple of days. Now I'm back from my trip, still nothing - no e-mail, no order number - although they have taken my money this time. Pretty much given up - although it'll be a while before I am back in the US anyway. *sigh*

• 3D Robotics

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry about that.  I checked my email and inbox but couldn't find any messages from you?  Chris did send me your note and I thought we had taken care of that.  PM'ing you to resolve!

• Kudos to 3DR and Vu Tran. I now have my parts!

• Placed order #R448701334 on 6-22-2015 which still seems to be in limbo. Submitted a ticket on 6-30 and received a response on 7-4 that the order would ship out shortly. It's been 8 days since that initial reply and I haven't received a single update, let alone the items that I ordered.

It's ridiculous that it cost me nearly as much in shipping as it did to purchase the cables, especially when it wouldn't have cost more than $5 or so to send them via USPS priority, rather than paying over $10 for FedEx ground service. I'll never make the mistake of purchasing directly from 3DR again.

• Can someone please look at my order # R523379846.  It is sitting there saying balance due even though I paid for it. 

• The problem I am having with 3DR is they do not fully support the IRIS+. I mean they know these things are going to get broken from time to time. Does not matter who or what is at fault, you need to repair and get back in the air.

For example...I had the little rubber caps fall off two of the landing legs. They had no glue on them or anything to fix them in place. I ask about getting new ones and they tell me to buy a long leg kit!

Then I have a problem with the FPV, looks like transmitter has failed. The tell me to buy the $100 kit I don't need, I just bought the FPV kit from them for $350. All I want to buy is the transmitter and a new antenna! Just create a SKU for the parts that make up a kit and make them available. I know I can buy another transmitter off the web, but their transmitter should be available from them as it is plug and play for their system. They only cost $20 or less.

Why after spending $2K on their products won't they sell me the exact parts I need for repairs? Lame! You know they should have at least one person who helps the consumer get parts and stop telling us to buy whole kits. Thanks that's my issue with them.

This reply was deleted.