Anyone had problem ordering from 3DR store?

Hi everyone,

I need your help for my order from 3DR store.

I have ordered IRIS+ back in 19 May 2015.
It has passed for about a month now but it didn't even start to ship.

If I see the tracking information that they have given me, it just says "Label created".
When I called FedEx they said that they haven't received the package.
So I have created couple of tickets in 3DR site, and sent several emails complaining
about the delayed shipment, but they are not answering.

Anyone had similar experience?

If you did, how or to whom did you contact to solve the issue?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics

Hi Dom,

We really do aim to please and I'm sorry we didn't deliver this time.  Please let me know if you have any other issues.  :)

• After yet another release date push back twice now for my solo order from bestbuy, yet another job risks being lost due to lack of equipment...I give up.......
    • What type of work are you doing? Mapping? or video production.Inhave an 3dr x8 I could sell and ship fast.
    • Thanks Gregg, I do appreciate the offer! but at this point I wouldn't wish 3DR upon my worst enemy, dealing with them and their ability to uphold dates is worse than a nightmare...I sold all my 3dr equipment this week for next to nothing took and major loss and now have a couple phantom 3. 4k's on the way (shipped same day they were ordered) and they can do everything so so much more than a solo can do right now (without this Faldo illusion of future upgrades we keep hearing about but nothing ever happens)...only thing of 3dr I own right now is an X8 and I'm going to give it away almost...I'd say this has turned into a joke... But at this point the losses I've taken are pathetic and far less than amusing...my solo order which was done end of May start of June has been pushed back four times minimum now...it's an embarrassment... Any of other company tried to pull this they'd been bankrupt in no time... Someone needs to hold them accountable... Maybe it's time complaints start reaching investors who's name are also attached to this fiasco...if this was treated like the tool industry and y failed to uphold a deal you'd be sued for loss of work... So perhaps thy need to stop boosting how their amazing tools, when in adtuallity they couldn't act any more different
    • Good choice with the P3. Picking one up tomorrow to back up my Inspire. I also cant believe how 3dr slipped in all departments when the roll out of the Solo happened. I have an x8 that still can not hold a decent GPS lock compared to the inspire. A so called 3dr developer contacted me, and in a very errant way made it sound like I screwed up the settings when I was just going by what 3dr told me to do. He offered for tune it for 85.00 per hr!

It amazes me how a glitzy promo video that 3dr put out on a unit that should have been tested much longer, could sway soo many people into buying one. 

Glad to see you will be up and running with the Phantoms!

• Hi Mr. Tran,

I've received my order after few days I posted the message. Thank you.

But I have questions regarding the charge on my credit card.

My order number is no. 4848 and in the mail the total amount was $528.41.

3DR has charged $712.62 on my credit.

Please check my order once again. Thank you in advance.

• 3D Robotics

Hi Eric,

Can you email me with your original order starting with an "R"?  I just want to double check some things on my side.  Please send the email to vu@3dr.com

• On June 1, I ordered a 915 MHz single radio ($50) and a Pixhawk switch ($8).  Shipping was $10.  On June 19 the switch arrives.   No radio.  Sent a note asking what happened to the radio.  No reply.  Checked the packing list.  Says "backordered".  Check the store website and, sure enough, says "out of stock". Note that - "OUT OF STOCK".  Okay, I'll wait.

Yesterday, I get an email from customer service telling me that they are sorry for not responding sooner but they are not selling the single radio any more.  Tell me that I can buy the 2 radio set for $99.  But I don't need 2 radios, just one for another aircraft.  

So I paid $10 shipping for an $8 switch and had to wait 18 days to get it. And no radio.

I sent an email back reminding them that the website says "out of stock" not "discontinued".  Advised them that they have the 2-radio sets in stock so just bust one open, send me one with the cable and sell the second one with cables (they have plenty of those) as a single or use it for warranty replacement.  Advised them that I can buy the genuine 2 radio set on Amazon for $99 and free shipping and will get it in 3 to 5 days.

No reply so far.  What is it worth to them to have happy customers after their store website listed the wrong information.

3DR's store service sucks.  I get better service out of Hong Kong.

Won't even go into the issues with a new Pixhawk with a bad barometer.  All tech support could do was keep asking for logs and videos.  Finally went back to the dealer who replaced it under warranty no questions asked.  He said that 3DR has issues with the cheap barometer but will not acknowledge it.

3DR has good products but I will avoid their store if I can get want I want elsewhere.  If I have to order from them, will be a lot of prayers accompanying the order.

• In the timeframe from 4 May, I ordered a number of spares from the store and received all within 10 days.

I also got a new fpv monitor and go pro video cable..and last week received my replacement Iris...which calibrated quickly and appears to be flight ready...think I'll shoot some beach vids tomorrow... but will pay close attention to heating of the pi hawk and ESC unit.

So...the store was fine until the Solo started shipping... must have been quite a surge.

• Well this marks day 12 of having my emails ignored by Vu Tran trying to get confirmation of cancellation of an order that went over a month without being processed. Vu I can see that you are replying in this thread but apparently not to emails. Salt in the wounds comes to mind.

This reply was deleted.