Happy new IRIS+ pilot

There are so many posts about problems. After ordering an IRIS+ I almost got worried that it will not work as shown on the nice 3DR videos on youtube.

The last two days I could do my very first 4 test flights. Unfortunately all at night (too busy at work and getting dark too early).

I did not dare to try to much due to the low light conditions.

However. Stabilize, Pos. Hold and RTL works fine. As advertised...

I will try soon follow me and auto missions and I am confident it will work out as shown on the 3DR videos.

To all who hesitate and are wondering if it's worth to get an IRIS+

YES. It works!

PS.: Having experience with model aircraft and being able to fly them manually (stabilize mode, land, take off, fly nose-in, etc.) will help a lot. I could imagine totally newbies might have more challenges.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a prop balancing rod ordered for the iris. Hopefully that helps balancing those props. The x8 is using the APS props which I balanced and still have some altitude holding issues. Have a local pixhawk guru that is going to look at my PIDS. 

• I HAVE 2 IRIS+...they work great, but dont order parts from 3dr
    • i've been getting most of my parts from Amazon ... with Amazon Prime shipping it's all free...and found Iris+ batteries for as low as $35 ...getting a Iris+ 3dr case sent to me with free shipping all the way out here to Hawaii ...can't be beat.

• And a damn fine case it is ... Well worth the money.
  • I agree! I own 3 Iris+, 2 flying, and 1 still sealed in the box. They fly fine right out of the box. However, if you get to trying to tweak the many, many adjustable parameters, (without fully understanding), you can get into trouble fast. I'm just a retired old fart, and haven't been flying too much lately, but I am still learning (trying) all the in's and out's of this Pixhawk system. VERY intriguing for sure!

This reply was deleted.