IRIS+ Fail, Flew Away and Crash

Hello everyone:

Yesterday, what it seemed like a nice day to fly, it became the end to my IRIS+. I just started flying over a wheat field and suddenly the IRIS+ stopped responding telemetry commands, raised up itselft for about 50 meters, then flew away and went side until it crashed, like if a motor had stopped working.

The results: all the four legs got crashed, the chasis is all with scratches, the front red leds didn't turn on anymore and the GoPro Hero3+ housing scratches too. Fortunately the Gimbal was not installed.

I'm feeling pretty dissapointed now on the IRIS+ since I spent so much money on it. Today sent an email to Help department at 3DRobotics hoping for an explanation of what happened and looking forward for some kind of warranty.

Here is the video and the photo showing how the IRIS+ ended up so I wondering if you guys could notice something wrong on this attempt to fly.

Thanks!

Log files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nzuiixs0lba4ju/QUADROTOR.zip?dl=0

3691167456?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How long was your first flight and what modes did you use? 

• First flight was maybe 8 min in loiter mode to test camera and gimble and all went good.  Approx $100 per min of flight time is what its going to cost me. 

Craig Carter   How did you setup your radio with modes and failsafe properly if your Iris+ was never connected to a PC?

• Owners manual doesnt say anything about connecting it to a computer to fly ?  I assume thats done at the factory 

• That's a shame Craig I feel for ya!! I had that happen to a custom waterproof quad I made that took 3 months to build. Worse thing was not being able to recover it to see what the log said so I was never sure what happened but I think it was a compass issue it just toilet bowled out of sight. Did yours seem to be going on a mission like darted off  and up in a straight line?? 

• Yes it went pretty much on a straight line until it disappeared.   Right before it took off out of my control I noticed that it wasnt responding very well to commands,   then it took off.  I looks as if I deleted my original post by accident. 

• Stabilize mode is important to have it needs no gps. Was there a mission on board? Was wpt one in that direction? If so perhaps you could follow that path. I put my phone number on mine just in case. 

• never hooked up to a computer no missions unless someone else put one one it ?

@ Craig Carter   How did you setup your radio with modes and failsafe properly if your Iris+ was never connected to a PC?

• Did you try to switch to stabilize mode a couple times? 

This reply was deleted.