Landing drone flips over and will not turn off?

Landing RTL drone flips over ( stupid mole hill, or grass) and will not turn off. This happened to me on a landing a few times. The device will flip over and continues running, I cannot shut it off.  I use down to the left, no dice in any mode. It finally killed itself. Is there a way to program a death switch? The last time it ate up a pair of blades.

I have had this happen a few times, on 2 separate drones. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok, how about an "it's landed" switch that will let the iris know, before it does, that it is in fact on the ground?

ps... I did get mine back in the air today :[)

• I know this isn't a real answer to your question, but if I'm not sure about the landing (dirt, level, etc.) I have taken to just catching it. Many props saved. lol

• Maybe this is the answer! Turn the legs into handles....

• Not sure I'd want four high powered spinning blades that close to my face. I would not recommend this method. It's better to have a broken coptet than a slashed face. You can have anything happen they last few seconds.
    • Thats a Crazy idea! I am literally going to design them now. 

• Just switch to stabilize with throttle down to 0 when the land code is not detecting the land and then disarm.

• I'm using APM 2.6, all my missions end with RTL.

6 feet or so, I pull the throttle all the way down.

At this point, APM controls throttle, and at the moment of touching, I flick to STAB mode.

Hasn't failed me yet......

It helps to come from a "real rc heli" world :-)

• +1

• I do exactly the same on 2.5 and have never had a problem i also come from rc heli background

• +1 

Real rc heli habbits rock. 

The downside is that you sometimes try to "disarm" rc heli when land. It turns to be dangerous ;)

This reply was deleted.