I will be adding a peltier cooling module to a container to vent out heat. A ubec, which has a on/off servo wire attachment can turn the servo on/off.

Question is: Is there a built in software thermostat in the PH 2 that can be linked to a servo out?

Thanks,

Charles C. Spencer III

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Something like this: http://tinyurl.com/zj69pas. Amazon has tons of options and temp ranges. I don't think voltage will be a problem, 6A may be a bit high for some, but worst case if you can't find one that handles it adding a simple relay is super easy (also i think you'll need a relay either was as there's no way the PH will be switching that voltage by itself).  Among many other uses for these lil guys the winch on my car has one going to the big 250+A solenoid to give the winch a chance to cool down if it gets too hot.
    Charles C Spencer III said:

Thermal switch? did not know there was one. Any idea what types would work? 15.4 volt capable 6 amp.

Robot Check
  • Thermal switch? did not know there was one. Any idea what types would work? 15.4 volt capable 6 amp.

SkyRover said:

Sounds cool, interested to know what your application is needing a cooler. Also, why not use a simple thermal switch?

@Philip, there's code for using a heater? thats pretty cool, I had no idea that was there.

• Hand is raised :) ! If someone can add a thermostat in that would be great :). btw, what is the temp settings on the imu heater?

• Developer
    @skyrover
    The temperature code is new :)
    @Charles
    No need to add another sensor, I think we have 8 temperature sensors already!

Just need someone to put their hand up to add an external heater option.
  •  Options open would be to tap the temperature sensor, add a thermostat set of codes for temperature variance. Allow this as a pwm rail out, off/on switch for the peltier. Another would allow a LM35 temperature sensor to be added. LM35 could be attached to the thermostat code, then attached to a pwm out for a peltier.

• Its a desert out here at 115 f. Since the PH 2 is encased in a pelican box, would like to maintain the imu temperature limits of hot and cold.

SkyRover said:

Sounds cool, interested to know what your application is needing a cooler. Also, why not use a simple thermal switch?

@Philip, there's code for using a heater? thats pretty cool, I had no idea that was there.

• Sounds cool, interested to know what your application is needing a cooler. Also, why not use a simple thermal switch?

• Developer
    It may be possible to add onto the heater code to be able to turn the peltier on when the temp is higher than 60 degrees. I think this would be a valuable addition to the code.
  •  Let me reword: A ubec, which has a on/off servo wire attachment can turn the peltier on/off.

This reply was deleted.