Developer

What is Pixhawk 2?

www.pixhawk2.comPixhawk 2 is a small cube, with a 38.5mm square footprint.All connection to the cube is via a DF17 connector coming out the bottom of the cube.This modularity allows for multiple form factors to suit multiple platforms.For the stand alone market, it will be coming out in two form factors to start with, a "Full" configuration, and a "mini" configuration. The full will have connectors for everything, the kitchen sink.... While the mini is restricted to the bare essentials.For RTF's or kit aircraft, I am working on a series of plug and fly systems, that allow you to remove most of your wiring from your aircraft, and take advantage of the easy to use modular structure.The cube also has a massive quality advantage. Given that every single pin is available on the DF17 connection on the base, it allows complete factory full motion testing and calibration of each cube.Pixhawk 2 is continuing to grow. When we release the Pixhawk 2 stand alone, it will be using the latest sensors available on the market, in a form factor that allows the ultimate in flexibility.Please note. Pixhawk 2 Stand alone is NOT a 3DR product. It is a community driven product, designed by the community for the community.A key requirement for my partner companies who will be making this will be active support of the community.Looking forward to announcing more info soon!Philip RowseLead Systems EngineerProfiCNCLead EE on Pixhawk 2 PX4 and Ardupilot Dev team member(formally 3DR sponsored)

image.jpeg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry if i didn't get it but where do you connect servo cables from motors,is it thru same DF17 connector??

• Admin

Hi Philip,

a very ingenious way to allow for multiple custom configurations.

Regards,

Tom C AVD

Hi Phillip

congrats on this product, I will be very interested in this if everything works as expected. put my name down please.

• Admin

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the detailed description. I learned a lot from your description.

Regards,

Tom C AVD

• Can't wait to see it. Not a big deal but I wonder if it should be called Pixhawk Cube instead as 3dr does have a Pix2 albeit only for themselves it seems :[  But whatever it's called thats awesome!

re- DDF-17... are these easier to remove that the ones on the 3DR Pixhawk? 

re- remove most of your wiring ...... GREAT!!!! I am a firm believer than many of the DIY issues people have are related to bad wires and or connections!  The worst part too is it can be an intermittent thing which then can be a real nightmare to figure out. Seems like that will also have the advantage of less EMF potential or at least easier to consolidate. 

BTW I'd be happy to test one free of charge  LOL 

• Developer

This is the Pixhawk 2, we have had to change manufacturer as 3DR do not wish to sell these stand alone. I am the designer of the version of the Pixhawk 2 that is in Solo.

We actually would have preferred to go with the 3DR manufactured version, but as 3DR refused to sell them separately to the SOLO, I was left with no choice but to find a new manufacturer.

This is the Pixhawk 2

• Would this be a direct replacement for the Solo as well??

• Oh I gotcha... well then heck yea after all it IS the pix2!  Right from the horses mouth so to speak. 

• Did you open the image RK?....DF 17 looks dangerous to remove :O

• Guess he's the pilot :] 

This reply was deleted.