Pixhawk survey

Hi everyone, My pixhawk configured for hexacopter gets lost at waypoint 5 in survey missions. It will stop traveling and start changing altitude down and then up again before i take over the controls. It has happened twice now and has not completed a survey mission. It is fairly small survey mission flying over about 2 acres area. I have set the survey up in mission planner and monitor the mission using radio and tower app. I have a quad configured pixhawk has no problem completing missions. Any help much appreciated. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your logs are stored in your flight controller, read the wiki.
  • i might add that im using duel gps

• Thank you for the response. The log would be in tower correct? I erase logs in tower so its easier to find them when geo tagging with solo. I was wondering if I needed to do something in the params.
  • Hi,

It would be helpful if you could provide a log where this has happened.  Without it I doubt you'll get much help - cant say I've heard of this issue before.

To download the log, go here:

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-downloading-and-analyzing-d...

Chris

• Log File C:/Program Files (x86)/Mission Planner/logs/HEXAROTOR/1/2016-03-21 17-49-34.log
      Size (kb) 8853.876953125
      No of lines 106452
      Duration 0:06:06
      Vehicletype ArduCopter
      Firmware Version V3.3.3
      Firmware Hash acf2e10c
      Hardware Type
      Free Mem 0
      Skipped Lines 0

Test: Autotune = NA -
      Test: Balance/Twist = NA -
      Test: Brownout = GOOD -
      Test: Compass = WARN - Moderate change in mag_field (26.28%)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
      Test: Empty = GOOD -
      Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERR found: FS_THR
      Test: GPS = GOOD -
      Test: IMU Mismatch = FAIL - Check vibration or accelerometer calibration. (Mismatch: 1.75, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
      Test: Parameters = GOOD -
      Test: PM = NA -
      Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
      Test: Thrust = NA -
      Test: VCC = GOOD -

This is the auto analysis read out I received. If I can some how provide the data flash log and or tlog please let me know. I have a data flash log and a tlog where my hexacopter dropped altitude but when I try to attach a file I receive the message that the attachment must be under 7mb. I took off the gimbal and camera and the drone made it to waypoint 7 before descending and then correcting itself. At the end of the flight the drone entered rtl while I was in stabilize mode. I thought I was experiencing a "fly away". I know better not with 3dr products. Thank you for your time.

• If the file is larger than 7MB, then do you have dropbox or google drive, you can upload it there and share out via a link.  Then just post the link here, we'll only be able to access the file you give permissions too.

Auto report appears that Vibrations are an issue and you should also note that you had a failsafe throttle (did you loose connection to the copter or did you turn off the tx?).

• I did not turn off the tx and was about 10' maybe away when it entered rtl. I have a dsmx sat remote rx plugged into pixhawk. Do you think the vibrations would cause the altitude to drop? I was thinking it was a weight issue however I have plenty of power with a hover at about 45-50% throttle in stabilize.

• Hi,

Its possible, In Copter with high vibrations it can make it hard for the accelerator and it results in issues with alt, I have experienced this a while ago - had alt increase for mine though.  Basically lots of vibrations will make it hard for it to know where it is and what is happening.  I'd focus on the vibration issues first, do you have some gel pads or is it stuck directly to the frame.  It could also be accel calibration that's out, try redoing that as well.

Next I'd see if you can upload those logs to a place that we can see them to help you.  The logs will also tell us if you lost comms, since its gone to failsafe it could have resulted in an alt change.  What is your failsafe alt (from memory it changes alt first and then travels to the RTL point).

• Hello,
      Yes, you are correct it climbs to an altitude then rtl. That is exactly what it did, scared me. I was in stabilize mode and fail safe is set up with the radio. Bench tested but never had the guts to live fly test.
      Unfortunately I am not to computer knowledgeable. I have a drop box I have a Google Drive, I think, I have Google play, anyway I may take some time googling and you tubing to figure out how to do as you suggest. I will address the vibration issue. Then do an accelerometer calibration. Thank you for your time.
    • After you have done all that you should then test the failsafes before setting it on a mission, even if it is going to stay nice and close.  You want to be sure of it's behavior, surprises are never good.  It would also help you to identify when it happens.  Do you fly with mavlink telemetry (433MHz or 915MHz, wifi, etc)?  Its another good habit as it will tell you when it's going to failsafe plus in the unlikely event you do have a crash in long grass or trees you can go right to it instead of having to search.

This reply was deleted.