I've posted an instructional video showing how to troubleshoot a 3DR Solo with a burnt out motor, remove the engine pod, and replace it with a new one.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZUivv2nJ6E or search YouTube for "solo engine troubleshooting".

This is the first video for my new video channel dedicated to drone videography.

Please Subscribe, Like and provide feedback.

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Who in the U.S. repairs SOLO motor pods?  I have been looking high and low but can only find sites about replacing motor pods not repairing .

• While I still don't know how much they will cost - I did discover that 3DR recommends replacing the motor pods every 150 hours of flight time (possibly sooner depending on your environmental conditions), so as a maintenance cost you should plan on the price x 4.

• That is found in the manual?

That is most likely for my applications 500+ flights. I guess we wait for pricing to decide if that is reasonable or not.

• Yes.  The first paragraph of section 9.6 in the version that I have (V3_6_24).

It states "Replace motor pods every 150 hours of flight or when they can no longer turn smoothly."

• Cool! Any idea how much pods are??

• Not yet.  Unfortunately they are un-obtain-ium.  I am still awaiting info from customer service, but I can update when I get the word.

• nice.

This reply was deleted.