I am interested in purchasing a Solo and decided to have a closer look at the Solo specs. Apart from all smart things the most interesting values are:
- Motors: 880 kV
- Propellers: 10″ diameter 4.5″ pitch
- Flight battery: Lithium polymer 5200 mAh 14.8 Vdc
- Flight time: 25 minutes; 20 minutes with payload*
- Max speed: 55 mph (89 km/h)
- Weight: 3.3 lbs. (1.5 kg) / 3.9 lbs. (1.8 kg) with GoPro® and Solo Gimbal
I tried to replicate this setup in ecalc. But no matter what motor I selected, I always end up with around 15 min of hover flight time (at 1.8 kg) and a max speed of around 60km/h. I don’t believe in magic and I am pretty sure the 3DR specs are correct.
But even if ecalc is relatively conservative these are big differences. I am wondering where this discrepancy (+-25% in flight time and 40% in max speed) comes from. Any idea?