Hi guys,

I have a Tarot X6 960 with 3DR Pixhawk FCU.

Until now, I made 3D mapping and orthophoto with a DJI Phantom 3 Professional, post-processing the images in Pix4D.

I would buy a camera to do mainly 3D mapping and orthophoto with the Tarot X6.

I just sold a Panasonic GH4 (too heavy and focused on video) to have a lighter setup that I could match with a pair of MAPIR cameras for NDVI orthophotos.

About the camera, I'm looking at the Sony RX100 IV, the Sony a6300 with stock 16-50, the Sony QX1 or something different like a used Sony NEX.

My target is to have a good setup for my purposes. If I could also get some good video out of this new purchase, it wouldn't be bad...

Of course, the camera must be triggerable from the Pixhawk or anyway from remote, via Stratosnapper or any other method.

My budget is 800€ but I could add some hundreds to have a good and durable setup.

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello, do you still have this drone? can I buy your tarot x6? its sold out every where!

• ActionDrone said:

Any experience with a Samsung NX500 remote triggering?

Yes, I was not using remote triggering but the original menu feature "Interval Capture". It works well although it has to be set to 2 sec to get 3 sec interval.

• Hi again.  I will buy a6300. But I am confused about trigger (Seagull and Stratosnapper). I dont know, Can Stratosnapper do a6300 zoom, photo etc via IR. And How to connect Seagull to camera. Because I will wire HDMI out of camera to converter but both seagull and av converter have HDMI input!! Thanks.

• anyone with experience with this product? Looks better than the Stratosnapper 2

http://www.seagulluav.com/product/seagull-rec/

• Any experience with a Samsung NX500 remote triggering?

• I was checking out that FLIR camera online & it looks like they've partnered up w/ DJI & might be available w/ the Inspire now, the Phantom in November.  

•  FLIR in a Phantom in November.I know what I want for Christmas. 

• Sorry, this is not a news and it's OT.

• ??  Not sure what that means??

• What do you think about the (discontinued) Samsung NX500?

Seems to have outstanding quality and it's relatively cheap. Is it remotable?

This reply was deleted.