UGCS is Excellent. But we need more and more ))) 
For two weeks I performed 10 to 15 flights a day in field. So I have some Feature request list:

1. Flight timer - on mobile and PC to show how long my quadrocopter is in air. So it got to start count after Takeoff procedure.

2. Reverse waypoints - I wan't to change order of waypoints in Photogrammetry tool to start from farest point and land near Takeoff point. So the last waypoint will be maximal near me and when quad have few % of battery it will come to me to his last waypoint of Photogrammetry tool.

3. Load KML without internet - I don't have internet in the field. I want to correct KML in field and load it to UGCS. Its impossible now.

4. Turn off KML on map - when KML is uploaded, It displays 50% transperently red contour over my working territory. I can't see anything normally. So I got to make flight plan and delete KML. And see #3, I can't load it again withoit internet! 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Set mission safe distance to ground and obstacles in each mission parameters, instead of vehicle profile. This is annoying to change if flying low one mission over a field, then over a forest. If you forget to raise the safe AGL then it will crash into trees as the safe distance AGL had to be reduced for the pasture mission to calculate.

• 1. Have takeoff and landing point be the same (optional). Right now gets error regarding too close.

2. Have default view on new mission load be down with north up (or set as you wish). The current one I have to manually reset each time I load.

3. Allow having missions not computed. I sometimes have 20 missions in a group, which can crash the system, even when tiene off. Instead an option to hide and not calculate route (without having to delete it).

4. When reversing route, don’t reverse the takeoff and landing. This results in errors and you have to delete and then redo those each time.

• Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Let's take a look at questions that we have:

1. ' Flight timer - on mobile and PC to show how long my quadrocopter is in air. So it got to start count after Takeoff procedure.'

We have registered this future request. Hope it will be done soon.

2. 'Reverse waypoints - I wan't to change order of waypoints in Photogrammetry tool to start from farest point and land near Takeoff point.
    So the last waypoint will be maximal near me and when quad have few % of battery it will come to me to his last waypoint of Photogrammetry tool.'

We have registered this future request. Hope it will be done soon.

3. 'Load KML without internet - I don't have internet in the field. I want to correct KML in field and load it to UGCS.
    Its impossible now.'

Currently UgCS supports ArcASCII, GeoTiff and SRTM formats, but all GDAL Raster Formats that 1
    feature Georeferencing should work.

To use an elevation source, it must be first added to “Elevation z-order” list.
    This list contains all
    elevation sources that may be currently used. First add the necessary source to the list.
    The list order
    is also important, because it determines the priority of a source – higher listed sources are of higher
    priority and lower listed accordingly are of lower priority.

Now the added elevation source is ready to use and the route will be calculated according to the
    elevation source of highest priority for the specific area.

In case in the KML file fits these standarts, please, send it to us for analysis.

4. 'Turn off KML on map - when KML is uploaded,
    It displays 50% transperently red contour over my working territory.
    I can't see anything normally. So I got to make flight plan and delete KML.
    And see #3, I can't load it again withoit internet!'

Please, take a look at screenshot.

This is the way to turn off the KML map.

Best regards,

Anna Moshkova

SPH Engineering
    www.sph-engineering.com
    www.ugcs.com

Video tutorials: www.youtube.com/ugcstv
    Latest news: www.facebook.com/SPHEngineering

• 3702440541?profile=original

• I asked my colleagues to register all not implemented as feature requests. 

• Hi!

2. Reverse waypoints - I wan't to change order of waypoints in Photogrammetry tool to start from farest point and land near Takeoff point. So the last waypoint will be maximal near me and when quad have few % of battery it will come to me to his last waypoint of Photogrammetry tool.

You can set additional waypoint near desired "entry point" of photogrammetry area.

Please read this article - https://www.ugcs.com/en/page/photogrammetry-tool-for-land-surveying

3. Load KML without internet - I don't have internet in the field. I want to correct KML in field and load it to UGCS. Its impossible now.

4. Turn off KML on map - when KML is uploaded, It displays 50% transperently red contour over my working territory. I can't see anything normally. So I got to make flight plan and delete KML. And see #3, I can't load it again withoit internet! 

This all is implemented in UgCS 3.0 - https://www.ugcs.com/en/page/download

• 5. Have default view be Nadir and North up (or make that optional setting). I have to every time reset to this when I open a new mission.

6. Set 3D ground clearance. When going up very steep hills I find the drone, for example, flying at 50 AGL vertically, but only 20 meters horizotally from the nearest ground surface.

7. Auto-calculate safe RTL height. I do this manually right now by creating a RTL height mission every time I make a mission, which has one waypoint at the landing spot and then I set that AGL to the RTL height, then I create another waypoint at the mission AGL flying height and move it around my flight path to make sure I would always clear terrain by my minimum safe distance. Better would be to have the program do this automatically! It seems a quite simple calculation to make. (for UGCS genius programmers that is).

This reply was deleted.