About

Gender

Male


Location

Moree, NSW


About Me:

Farmer by occupation with interest in web development. Check out http://agmapsonline.com for more info.


Please tell us a bit about your UAV interest

Very new to the concept but extremely interested in using UGV/UAV in farming.


Hometown:

Moree


Activity Feed

Ben Boughton replied to Matthew Reimer's discussion Apm Rover in tractor setup. in ArduRover User Group
"If you want no-nonsense reliability with full compatibility and more range than you should check out an RFD900 pair. Range is like 20-30km and they are still pretty cheap (~AU$200 for a pair)."
Jun 14, 2015
Ben Boughton posted a discussion
Located in Australiahttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201355233363?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649gps2.jpg
May 22, 2015
Ben Boughton replied to Matthew Reimer's discussion Apm Rover in tractor setup. in ArduRover User Group
"Cool project, I'll be watching. Keep us posted."
May 19, 2015
Ben Boughton commented on Chris Anderson's blog post Agricultural mapping with the Penguin UAV and Pixhawk
"@Dan: took off on maiden flight in manual from ground and flew about 30 seconds then snapped to stabilize, then FBWA. Next I would ground takeoff and hand launch in stabilize then change to FBWA. Not saying this is correct - just what eventually…"
Jul 4, 2014
Ben Boughton commented on Chris Anderson's blog post Agricultural mapping with the Penguin UAV and Pixhawk
"@dan: I can share params with you but I just used defaults for first flight, then used the excellent auto tune feature. No manual setting of PIDs. I learnt to fly manual on aerosim first. Wont be able to share param for a couple months as I am off…"
Jul 2, 2014
Ben Boughton commented on Paul Krajewski's blog post Simple Modular Flight Mode Switch - Build it for $20
"Id pay $50 for one of those finished and ready to bolt onto my 9x."
May 8, 2014
Ben Boughton replied to Ben Boughton's discussion Sabertooth 2x60 setup & configuration in ArduRover User Group
"Not sure if i wrote it in above posts but to be clear moving the ardupilot off a metal bracket to a timber one fixed my problem. (I am on tractor at moment and its hard to read everything)."
May 7, 2014
Ben Boughton replied to Ben Boughton's discussion Sabertooth 2x60 setup & configuration in ArduRover User Group
"Hi there. I used default PID settings. It was not perfect but worked pretty well. That project is on hold atm while working on UAV. It all changed for me when moving the ardupilot as i did not have external compass. Sorry i cannot be more help."
May 7, 2014
Ben Boughton commented on Ben Boughton's blog post The potential of UAVs in Agriculture - Research Scholarship
"I have seen the NAVIO and it is an exciting development. I will be keeping a close eye on its developments.
Would I be right in assuming you think RTK is essential in UAV for pin pointing where an aerial photograph is taken to improve the post…"
Apr 29, 2014
Ben Boughton commented on Ben Boughton's blog post The potential of UAVs in Agriculture - Research Scholarship
"@Monroe - I agree RTK will add a whole lot to help in farming. We rely on it every day in our tractors for not only accuracy but what we call repeatability - being able to return to the exact same spot year in year out.

@John - Thanks for the…"
Apr 28, 2014
Ben Boughton posted a blog post
Hi there, my name is Ben Boughton and I am a grain producer from NSW in Australia. I have recently been awarded a Nuffield Scholarship to research the potential of UAVs/UGVs in the grains industry (Sponser: GRDC). I have a website -…
Apr 28, 2014
Ben Boughton left a comment for Stephen Gloor
"Hi Stephen, interested in your progress with Finwing Penguin. Have you successfully flown with APM firmware 2.76? I am trying now but having altitude issues in RTL & Auto. This is my first UAV with APM, so am learning as I go. Thanks, Ben"
Nov 13, 2013
Ben Boughton left a comment for Ben Boughton
"Hi Anthony, I will start a penguin thread so we can discuss this publicly - I had another fly just now and same issues. Will put up logs etc. I am new to this so still learning."
Nov 13, 2013
Ben Boughton replied to healthyfatboy's discussion Newbie Tuning, Warnings, and Upgrading Questions
"Great write up. I am currently setting up Finwing Penguin v2 with APM firmware 2.76.
I agree it seems to Stabalise quite well with the standard settings.
I am having issues with altitude drop/climb during RTL and Auto.
Anyway, dont want to hijack…"
Nov 13, 2013
Ben Boughton replied to Ben Boughton's discussion Sabertooth 2x60 setup & configuration in ArduRover User Group
"I discovered the ArduRover manual page (http://rover.ardupilot.com) today.. and it has some tips with the compass calibration that I will try next time I get a chance and report back."
Jun 3, 2013
Ben Boughton posted a discussion in ArduRover User Group
Hi all,I am attempting to use ArduRover to control a vehicle I have made using a 2x60 motor controller.I am using the Sabertooth in RC mixed mode with linear response.I can control the vehicle successfully in manual mode with my 9x.When I setup some…
May 30, 2013
More…