Things are slowly moving forward.
The status right now is:
- Boat has done some sea trials. It sails, and it sails better than expected.
- Windvane is integrated with APM using a separate Arduino nano and I2C to the APM
- APM installed in boat with GPS, compass and telemetry. Next step is to start logging data for use in for example simuliations the coming winter months
- Sail Simulator installed on my home PC.
- Created a small processing program to read NMEA from the simulator and to emulate keyborad commands to it to control rudder and sheet.
- start writing a simple autopilot for sail simulator so i can develop steering and navigation algorithms this winter
- Continue sea trials to gather as much data as possible before it gets to cold.
That is where i am!