I'd like to propose a new, cheaper oilpan with (much) cheaper sensors embedded. The goal would be to have an oilpan (that probably couldn't be used for quads, but for gliders or some planes it would be OK) that is priced at around 30-40$ instead of 160$. It would be pin-compatible with current oilpan.
Features (modified from Oilpan specs)
- Single 3.3V regulator
- Relay switch for cameras, lights or payloads
- LSM303DLH 3-axis Accel / 3-axis Magnetometer (~5 dollars) (I2C communication)
- LYPR540AH 3-axis gyro (~5 dollars) (analog)
- 3-channel, 12-bit ADC for gyro
- No Data logger
- No DIP switch
- Built-in FTDI, making the board native USB. [can this be removed?]
- No OSD port.
- No extra I2C port
- No user-programmable buttons
- No analog expansion ports
- Reset button.
- No voltage dividers
- One status LED
- Airspeed sensor port (optional, sold separately).
- Pressure sensor and temp for accurate altitude (can this be made optional?).
I'm going to start working on the EAGLE files this weekend, what is everybody's thoughts on this?