Hi guys! I'm giving you a preview of an upcoming product from the DIY Drones store, the MinimOSD, a minimal Arduino-based on-screen display board. It's tailored for use with ArduPilot Mega and the MAVlink protocol, and designed to be as compact as possible.
It's main components are an ATmega328P 8 bit microcontroller with an Arduino bootloader, and a MAX7456 monochrome on-screen display. Programming is done through an FTDI-compatible 6-pin header.
It features two independent power and ground sections to isolate the OSD's analog stage: a +5V section for the ATmega and the OSD's digital stage, powered through the FTDI cable or other +5V source; and a regulated +5V section for the OSD's analog stage, powered through the video in/out header and capable of handling up to +12V input. Solder jumpers are available to combine the two power and ground sections if desired.
Spec lists are the best, so here's one!
- ATmega328P with Arduino bootloader
- MAX7456 monochrome on-screen display
- FTDI cable compatible pinout
- Standard 6-pin ISP header
- Two independent power sections with an LED indicator on each
- Solder jumpers for combining the power sections
- +5V 500mA regulator for up to +12V supply input
- Solder jumper for PAL video option
- Exposed test points for HSYNC and LOS
- Dimensions: 0.7"W x 1.7"L (2.4" w/ pins as shown) x 0.3"H
The production version won't be green, and we're not too fond of blue anymore, so expect something different on future products ;)
(And yes, I know I missed a decoupling cap on the board in the photo. Sorry Chris!)
Expected release date is within 2-3 weeks, price is TBD. Watch this space! UPDATE: Price will be $89.99 USD.