Free Webinar: Developing code for the APM
On Monday July 16th 2012, at 5pm Pacific Time,I will be hosting a 90min webinar on Developing for the APM.
Guests will include several members of the development team and from 3DR.
The webinar will cover some of the following topics, time permitting (we may have to split it into two webinars):
- Setting up a development environment on Windows, Linux or Mac
- Getting the code (download and git)
- Compiling the code for different configurations
- A guided tour of the code, explaining how different pieces fit together
- From idea to running code - code, compile, test, document, create a patch and submit for review (for a bug or feature)
- Developer support tools: autotest, autobuild, SITL, HIL, jenkins
If you would like to attend this webinar, please respond here:
(this is a courtesy RSVP so we can evaluate attendance - the meeting is open to all anyway)
If you cannot attend on this day or at this time, use the link above to tell us a better time/day for the next webinar!
TO JOIN THE WEBINAR (on the day of the webinar)
For audio, join by Internet or using one of the international phone numbers:
Internet: Click the telephone icon on the webinar screen (URL above)
Telephone: Click on the telephone icon to see a list of numbers. Or see the FAQ: http://bit.ly/NKRY4j
There are phone numbers in about 30 countries.
To get the most value out of the webinar it is suggested that you read the wiki (especially the Appendix) and have the latest Arduino IDE (1.01) and a copy of the source code. You also must have at least a basic understanding of programming languages, but you do not need to be a programmer (this is for all levels of experience)
Comments and feedback appreciated.