Hi everyone! I'm very happy to announce our new u-blox based GPS board. The development teams and 3D Robotics have been working on this GPS unit for some time, and we have seen very good results on ArduPlane, ArduCopter and ArduRover. The Sparkfun AVC and the Quadcopter Rodeo were excellent opportunities to observe this GPS in action, and it helped Team Overhead win first place at AVC.
The device is pretty straight-forward. It has active circuitry for the ceramic patch antenna, rechargeable backup battery for warm starts, and I2C EEPROM for configuration storage. The units will ship pre-configured for ArduPilot Mega use, and the configuration file is available in the repository if needed.
Features and Specifications:
- ublox LEA-6H module
- 5Hz max. update rate, configured for 4Hz for APM
- 25 x 25 x 4 mm ceramic patch antenna
- LNA and SAW filter
- rechargeable 3V lithium backup battery
- low noise 3.3V regulator
- I2C EEPROM for configuration storage
- power and fix indicator LEDs
- ArduPilot Mega compatible 6-pin JST connector
- exposed RX, TX, 5V and GND pads
- 38 x 38 x 8.5 mm total size
- 16.8 g weight
It's on sale now, price is $75.99 USD. It starts shipping on Monday, July 9th.
Design files and links to the board's main component data sheets can be found in the product listing.
We look forward to hearing your feedback!