Here is a video and a 3-views drawing explaining the mechanism of a new tilted coaxial system.
The machine has a frame, and a motor comprising a lower output shaft and an upper output shaft. A lower assembly of blades is fixed to the lower output shaft, and an upper assembly of blades is fixed to the upper output shaft. An orientation module is mounted on the frame, and the motor is fixed on the module. The module includes an orientation unit to pivot the motor around a pitch axis and a rolling axis. The orientation unit comprises a plate mounted on the frame via a pivot link around the pitch axis.
Components embedded in the drone:
- Camera Fatshark Pilot HD
- 200mw 5.8Ghz Tx with Spironet antenna
- 2 JR DS385 sub-micro digital servos
- 1 contrarotating bruhsless motor Maxxprod CR 2805
- 2 ESC brushless 10A
- 1 Lipo Battery 3S 2200 mah
- 1 flight controller uPilot32 (VGR-Systems)
- 1 Graupner Rx for command input
Weight: about 500g
Flight time: 10-11 minutes
The main advantage of the system is the size: features of a big quadcopter but ccarried in a bag pocket.