Fantastic work Patrice but the issue of safety has to be addressed. Please be careful where you fly.
Nice Patrice. @gary there was enough buffer for a comfortable safety area in this test, at least he wasn't flying over/near people :) (Its not easy to find good places to fly in cities)
yeah! so smart playing with blades around people.
Have you read a recent post about what happen if one of these propellers "touch" your skin?
I fly in a park like this 3 times a week and I do a lot of things to keep it safe. #1 is Quads with the cheap plastic GWS electric style props at a million times safer than the reenforced Nylon APC props. I've caught one of those near full throttle in my hand and the props fly off. I also cut the throttle if anyone or a dog comes near. You just need to be prepared to ditch at a moment's notice.
* The |X| configuration is one that can have relatively easy/lightweight prop guards. Guards should be considered wherever there are ops around people.
* Getting hit by a propeller is a lot less painful with lots of small props than with one large prop.
* Material (and angular momentum) is important to how much damage is done, moreso than power or size.
* Propeller design changes are likely amenable to making the edges of the props safer - at least, within the bounds of other adjustments we make around here.
* How viable are prop savers as a safety device?
Patrice, did you try to tie the bottle to the frame?
BTW, what a bitter feeling it is when people start slowly walking to you and/or your copter, full of curiosity... right? :)
Patrice seems to catch quite a flogging each time he posts here. We all do what we can to get all the flying time in that's possible. Do we know whether or not this is an RC friendly park? These sights may be common-place in that area.
I will put protection around my propeller very soon.
C'est pas grave Patrice tu peux voler tranquille ceux sont juste des Parisiens !!!
Join DIY Drones
Welcome toDIY Drones
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
© 2019 Created by Chris Anderson.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.