After several months of development and testing, Tower v3.2.1 is finally ready for release to the wider community!
This release is significant as it marks the transition of Tower from a 3DR project to a community developed project under the wing of the Dronecode foundation.
Of note for this release are several major features that were contributed by members of the community.
These features are highlighted below and the full set of changes can be found in the release notes on github.
Tower v3.2.1 changelog:
- Support for FPV video streaming using UVC Devices by Guilherme Blanco
- Support for ArcGIS Online map tiles
- ArcGIS Online is an online collaborative web GIS. With the added support, you can access and cache ready to use maps and layers provided by the service.
- Support for custom video stream provider
- This allows anyone to experiment with and/or send a digital video stream to Tower for viewing through the video widget
- Google cardboard support thanks to the integration of the DronePro app by Shawn Fraser
- Improved Mission Editor
- Added support for the Reset ROI mission item
- UX update for the telemetry connection preferences
- Removal of the droneshare account integration pending rehabilitation of the site api
- Material design update for the navigation drawer thanks to jandrop
- Improved spanish, german, chinese, and portuguese translations
- Numerous bug fixes and under the hood improvements!
Thanks to all the members of the beta testing group for helping iron out the issues and bugs in order to make this release possible.
Those interested in testing the latest and greatest can get access to the beta release at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.droidplanner.android.beta
And please report any encountered issues on the Tower issues tracker.