Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You should assume that if 3DR has been forced to stop exporting specific goods, it would be also illegal for your family to export those goods.

Come on, stupid rules are meant to be by-passed...

• Well, a former colleague of mine thought the same... He's a sport-shooter and original Magpul magazines are hard to come by in Europe because they are - guess what - export restricted.

So when he was on a USA-trip, he went to a shop, bought a bunch of Magpul magazines and put them into his suitcase for the ride home - without bullets, of course!

Your always friendly TSA x-rayed the suitcase, found the magazines and the guy then had to deal with DHS a couple of days and then was officially deported and now not only has a lifetime entry-ban to the US but also lost his job in the defense industry and won't ever find a job in this industry again...

You don't mess with US export controls...! You just don't!

• +1 HoverX you will be by-passed to jail....

• ".... was officially deported and now not only has a lifetime entry-ban to the US but also lost his job in the defense industry and won't ever find a job in this industry again..."

Lifetime ban bcs. of rifle magazines????!!!!!!!!!

• Yeah. They were loaded. That is weapon smuggling by ITAR standards. 

• No, they weren't. He SPECIFICALLY states no bullets. The actual magazines are a controlled item.

As to whether the TSA agents themselves were loaded... well, that's just a risk we all have to take, especially in Florida.

Paul

:rolleyes:

He was lucky not to have got a custodial sentence it's a big no no. As a keen sports shooter myself I've often looked at US websites offering goods (scopes, brass, magazines, rails etc) at prices much lower than Europe and thought cool I'll order those up and then realised they're ITAR restricted :(

• so we only have the choice to buy clone or europeen board like vrbrain....what a pitty for 3dr!

but it could be a good thing for roberto from vrbrain(perhaps more buyers so the support and development will be better) who respecting open source rules and bring lots of thing in the communauty

• >but it could be a good thing for roberto from vrbrain..

I can´t imagine that anyone considers this as a good thing, realizing this could be the  beginning of very bad times for our hobby. Everybody is going to loose.

• Also, if it were just simple like maybe cutting better rates or even setting up distributors, that could be done in transition and they wouldn't have to stop cold turkey.

So something's fishy! And very scary

This reply was deleted.

Activity