Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• will this Main Voltage mod work with apm 2.5 or its just for multiwii?

https://code.google.com/p/rush-osd-development/wiki/Hardware_Mods

• Im setting up a rctimer arduflyer 2.5 and a rctimer osd. im getting this garbled osd.

This is Plane version. Have tried many prereleases and everything is the same. Have set the sr3 parameters

, updated charset(with or without ext power). Seems there is something with the osd, since when i put in my copter

minimosd it shows ok.

Garbled look like this : RCTimer osd

• Here's my last flight and crash with r598

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__3eKah_zhQ

• Hi, I just flashed r609 onto a HK v1.1 minimosd and powered everything up, everything looks ok except the clock, it used to start counting immediately and reset upon take-off.

But, now after flashing r609 onto it, the clock shows this

0:-1

and doesn't start...

EDIT:  upon flashing to r598 the previous version I was using, the clock works again

any ideas?  I reflashed it twice...

Titus

• 100KM

Quick flight with MinimOSD Extra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WCtp2atbcI

• Hi! :)

Could someone please test the latest Plane hex for me? :)

Just uploaded: Link

I was only able to test it by tlogs.

I think wind panel is fixed now.

Important!

This version is made for Arduplane 2.73!

THX! 

• Nice FPV flying with Friends on June 2:

MinimOSD r509.

• Hi,

Just made a new pre-release of copter:

MinimOSD-Extra Copter 2.3 Pre-Release r609

Improvements over previous pre-release:

Fixed panel switching bug.

WP panel autohides if no wp is set.

Regards,

Miguel

• Thank you for deleting my previous post. Is there any chance of getting an answer for the problem, before someone deletes my post again?

Hi I have the exact same problem. I tried the minim osd 2.0 firmware, also the miniom osd extra. the board is v1.

I used the plane version from https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/downloads/list and also the ct 2.2. updated charset as well.

There is no live info on the osd. It waits for the 3dr modem to start communicating then shows the panel, but NO data is updating at all. Not even the mode switch status or the gps position. Everything shows 0. Is there any idea how to fix it? I think it was working with the original firmaware from the factory. After updating to minim osd 2.0 or 2.2 The only thing which shows anything is the heathbeet icon.

Thanks,

Jozsef

• Hi I have a problem as described by an other member earlier, there is no live data shown on the osd (but the hearthbeat). I tried the minim osd 2.0 firmware, also the miniom osd extra. the board is v1.

I used the plane version from https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/downloads/list and also the ct 2.2. updated charset as well.

There is no live info on the osd. It waits for the 3dr modem to start communicating then shows the panel, but NO data is updating at all. Not even the mode switch status or the gps position. Everything shows 0. Is there any idea how to fix it? I think it was working with the original firmaware from the factory. After updating to minim osd 2.0 or 2.2 The only thing which shows anything is the heathbeet icon.

Thanks,

Jozsef

This reply was deleted.

Activity