Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To everyone that could give me an advice or idea ,
    In my case the problem is that I have overlay but not video signal ,
    No matter what I do, there is no video out, just the data overlay .

I have connected only 5vcc on both sides , ( connecting both analog and digital vcc and gnd ),

I have tested old, and newer firmware versions, pushed reset, tested different power sequences , etc , no luck .

Any ideas ?
  • Hope someone help me. APM2.5, minimOSD 2.1.

On 3DR minimOSD I did setup the Panel1 configuration and Save to OSD. Save is confirmed.

But some information is NOT displayed on OSD, like Climb Rate, Battery Percent, Current, Call Sign, WP Direction, WP Distance. All those are selected (checked), but not visible.

Any other information is fine as position or visibility after Save (and then Read).

Also, the Battery A (VA) display different voltage comparing to HUD battery voltage on Mission Planner.

• I have found a bug in charset.

It was related to horizon.

It was visible as an additional 1 pixel wide black line sometimes.

Here is the fixed version attached.

Gábor

MinimOSD_2.4.mcm

• Where can i find the version that shows Current Draw ?

I can't find it in the latest CT version.

• Hi Gabor

Can you please add a file with your Easy Star 2 settings?

I have problems with the last 2.47b firmware.

Thank you

• Can't get HOME ALTITUDE to show zero in MINIMOSD extra HOME_ALT when initiating apm. I want to see during flight both above sea level alt as well as home alt (Home alt AGL should be showing "0" on the ground when it doesn't). Running apm-mega 2.74, minimosd fw r667. minimosd is checked to show these two: Altitude & Home Altitude but both showing same value which is the absolute above sea level height (both values are ASL - like they are linked together).

Please help as trust me to try almost everything to fix this with no avail.

I did see on youtube that ArduCopter does show "0" home alt - so it's a ArduPlane issue or Minimosd issue - I am completely in the dark here.

Tnx in advance.

• Hi

That is hdop.

It shows yor position acuracy.
    Less is better.

We are still thinking about it with Miguel. We might make it as a separated panel.

If U can, pleade post a video about. ;)

Thx
    Gábor
  • Hi, on the new visible sats panel, what do the extra 3 digits display?

• I recently have some problems with the Copter version. I do lots of testflying at the moment, which means, lifting off, flying around, landing, lifting off again, etc...

I often have an empty display after a short while which is not fun. When I power down both sides, I have display again.

I also had a few times that I couldn't arm my APM after powering on. When I powercycle the APM, the APM works fine, but again, the OSD is empty unless I powercycle both sides.

Any hints on that? I'm using Arducopter 2.91b and MinimOSD-Extra Copter r621.

• Hi all,

I have uploaded a new hex to test for planes. It is made for Arduplane 2.74b

Could someone fly it and post a video? :)

It is the latest version we made.

It has a totally reworked warning panel (widely configurable)

Also Miguel have told me about that hdop, and that it is in APM already. So it is now added to GPS sats panel.

This part i am very interested!

There are also many more improvements, and fixes, like OSD now show fix types differently, CT will read if it is a copter or plane automatically, and some other improvements, you can't see but it is behind. :)

Thx,

Gábor

This reply was deleted.

Activity