Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I tried today r676 and not found HDOP.I have read the previous posts and realized why,so it is clear.

video

• Small hopefully simple feature request :)

Is it possible to have the HDOP added to the right of the number of satellites? With a space or other separate character of course. This would give us a better idea of the GPS is reliable.

• Hello,

is there a way to adjust the screen?
    When I add values to the upper left, for example, my monitor didn't show everything.

It would be nice, if I can scale the overlay perhaps to 90%

Thanks

Carsten

• I have modified minimosd-extra code to get some voltage and temperature readings from unused analog pins of minimosd.
    Do you think 1 voltage and 1 temperature port will be enough?

What else you would connect to those analog ports?

36844-2.jpg

• I will make the latest plane downloadable soon.

If someone could test it for us. :)

Miguel will soon make the same for copter.

Gábor

• 100KM

Some footage of Plane 2.4 R628... but I see that's obsolete already :)

• Carsten,look here, you will find the original.

• Hello,

I'm very new with OSD. I have start yesterday ;)

When I use my board with the shipped firmware ArduCam 2.0 everything works fine.

But I like to use the Extra Firmware, some friend say, it's the better on.

Firmware upload and update charset works perfect with the GUI.

But after that, the Overlay is not really readable anymore. I don't know how to describe this, please have a look to the image.

For me, it looks, that the size is resize to fit the screen, but this go wrong!??!

I have a look for the original firmware, to test, if something is broken with my board. But I didn't found it any more.

The download are only the newer one.

What's my error?

Thanks

Carsten

Foto.JPG

• 3692791382?profile=original

3692791711?profile=original

I have my minimosd powered with 5vcc , both blobs soldered , don't need 12vcc because I'm using an eyecam, and I only got osd screen with no video , cam is working ok (tested alone), I have also tried with the onboard 12 volts video cam , with same results don't know what else to test.

This is my second osd, the 1.1  3dr minimosd , wired exactly as the wiki , worked for a few ours and now has the same problem as most people have , black screen.

Now I'm testing this with only 5volts , as recommended by most of the people , but .... no video .

Firmware is copter r621.

Very much appreciate your help .

Gustavo

• I think the horizon panel could look much better if it were just dots instead of a blocky line across the screen. That way it wouldn't take up as much space on the screen either!
This reply was deleted.

Activity