Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey guys I thought I was mentioned something I came across today. When I was at the boundary of my radio limit on a mission, my APM went into failsafe mode. When this happened my OSD disappeared. When I came back into range my OSD appeared again and so on and so forth each time i went into failsafe due to loss of radio communication (i don't yet have RSSI setup on this rig).   I thought there may have been a problem with the firmware because I had just gotten screen switching  configured and working but later in the day it dawned on me that it might be the limits on the channel that I configured for screen switching. Sure enough, this was the case. I actually configured my screen switching to one of my potentiometer dials and when I go above 1200 the OSD is supposed to turn off.   When I originally configured failsafe I had that potentiometer set above this mark so after a quick reset of failsafe on my receiver with the dial in the correct position everything works perfectly now.  Just thought i would share as it was a bit nerve racking to see that happen in flight when i was at the limit of my radio gear.  :)

• Hey Miguel and Gabor,

I know how much you like videos of seeing how things are working.. here is a flight I did recently with my Skywalker X8 where I overlay the OSD (even with panel switching) over the main video.  Hope you enjoy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--kCSDq6HDQ

• Hi guys, 

I seem to be having some issues getting this to work correctly for me.

The issues is that if I don't establish a telemetry link I get no Voltage / AMP data, the rest seems to work, i.e. heading, mode, position, it's just the Voltage / AMP data that doesn't update. The strange thing is it updates once on arm and then again once on disarm. If I establish a telemetry link it works without issue.

I'm using the 3DR power module and MinimOSD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been sat here for hours trying to get it to work, erasing the APM, trying different SR0 / SR1 settings etc etc... No luck.

Mark

• Hi,

There is a new CT Tool.

Improvements:

Bug fix in changing rssi type.

New Presentation vs Hardware information.

Now you can see presentation vs hardware "Model Type" and "Charset version". It's a work in development :)

Miguel

CT Tool for MinimOSD Extra 2.4.0.0 Pre Release r730.zip

• Hi everyone! I am new to the apm/mavlink world, but have had some experience with eagle eyes for FPV purposes.

I would like to propose a feature to add to the minim OSD that eagle OSD has - transmitting GPS data through sound channel of vTx. and the biggest point is to do so in the same format Eagle Eyes does, so it could be received by their FPV ground station/diversity controller/antenna tracker.  It costs only 80usd and provides these many valuable features and easy to setup, but requires eagle osd which does not understand mavlink and according to recent post on rcgroups doesn't have any plans to. APM people already have (in my opinion brilliant) minim OSD, so  is it going to be very hard to reverse engineer eagle signal and program minmosd to transmit it vie the vtx audio. 

please excuse my ignorance if the proposed feature is not possible due to any well known fact which I am not aware of.

Thank You! 

Edit: 

I am aware of the MP antenna tracking capabilities, but it requires a complicated setup as well as a tethered connection to the computer running MP. It is much easier to used Eagle eyes GCS, as well as allows for a completely wireless antenna tracker setup and that means I can put my vRx as far away from my UHF/LRS as possible for cleaner signal. 

• Hi,

There is a new CT Tool version r727 in the downloads area.

Improvements:

Rescale min pwm value to 900
    Allows changing charset presentation acordingly to a choosen charset file (Options -> Present Custom Charset...)
    Fix "Show sign before value:" checkboxes fill after reading osd
    Miguel
  • Reset clock timer with throttle up or switch on tx?
    I got minimosd with minimosd extra firmware. 
    Is there any way to reset clock timer with throttle up or switch on tx?
    The only way i can see it done it by pressing manually the reset button on the minimosd itself.
  • Hi,

There is a new copter version r726 that should fix that weird chars that some guys are reporting. This bug was happening when at least one of the "Show sign before value" checkboxes was checked.

By the way, there is also a bug in the CT Tool that it isn't updating this checkboxes when you click "Read From OSD". To be sure which options are checked in osd just click "Read From OSD", check the boxes you like and then click "Save current tab to". We will be releasing a fix for this CT Tool bug soon.

As allways all/any feedback will be much appreciated :)

Miguel

• I have a pixhawk coming in and want to know if anybody got rssi working with minimosd?
     And i want to have a 5v input just like i having now on the apm on the a1 voltage input.

I know i can work with the channel 8 option but i have a digital rssi convertor for ezuhf to 5v

• First of all: thank you so much for all the hard work you've done with this excellent firmware.

I was about to order another RSSI DAX for EzUHF to get RSSI in MinimOSD on a new plane I'm building. But when installing the latest MinimOSD Extra I suddenly made note of some changes in the RSSI menu. I could choose PWM RSSI from one of the channels.

So, I configured RSSI on channel 8 in EzUHF config and choose channel 8 for RSSI in MinimOSD. Wow. RSSI in MinimOSD without the $50,- adapter or any extra cables.

In the beginning it said -nnn% for max and +nnn% for min, but after a connection with the RAW option selected I could read that PWM 993 is max and PWM 1568 is min. At least for my 4 channel EzUHF Rx...

After entering 1000 for max and 1500 for min everything is better. I was not allowed to choose 993 for max or 1568 for min. So the way it works now is that 103% is max and -20% is min. But that's ok. :-) 

This reply was deleted.

Activity