Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey can you guys plz make downloads on your repo: code.google.com available. Inside the repo there are many branches, its confusing to know which is working, which is not quite ready and so on.

Google Code
  • Hi there,

I am completely lost when it comes to SVN and how to download source code - well I can download code but its hard for me to find the location of the latest minimOSD-extra COPTER code

Can someone provide me a link to the latest SVN or a link inside this thread where I can download the latest Copter soucre?

Help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Axel

• 100KM

My new FPV camera causes my minimOSD to appear very dim, as if it's interlaced. Any ideas?

• So if you want the LATEST CT Tool (R793)

You can download the whole folder using SVN, or go to http://minimosd-extra.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Tools/OSD/bin/Debug/

And download each of those files to a folder then run the application.

It will ask you to update which will release to latest stable which is r789, if you want r793 just hit no.

For the .HEX files look above the thread and there is some listed. (r794)

• Has anyone else had problems compiling the latest code?

I've followed the directions here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5540427

And am still faced with a myraid of errors.

I am using Arduino v1.05.  I've extracted the directories within the arduino root and tried to compile.

I sure others have come across this too.

What am I missing?

I'd like to get on to modifying the code and CT tools to include the ability to display/configure the 2nd battery voltage now available in the latest ardupilot release.

Attachment browser: minimOSD-howto.pdf by Truglodite - RC Groups
    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums,…
    • Hi Dirk,

unfortunately I cant compile the code as well.

I got lots of errors in the MAX7456 code. Libraries are include - still no success.

If you found a solution please write me some tips so I can "upgrade" my MinimOSD as well ;)

Cheers

Axel

• Can someone say which FW/Char. Set/Programing tool works for sure?
    Also, is there a way to get the new PH Terrain Follow to read out on MinimOSD?
    Thank you so much!
    • I should have said for Plane.
  • Hi

Anyone knows why if I increase the brightness of the camera the OSD disappears ?

What setup should I do to the OSD ?

• Adrian,

An issue with minimosd has been the disappearing overlay. Apparently the board gets overdriven and cuts out so one solution, which I haven't had time to try, was to put a 150 ohm resistor in series with the 'video in' to attenuate it slightly. Let me know if it works for you

This reply was deleted.

Activity