Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Using APM 2.6 FW 3.2 OSD extra Home direction arrow not working. I have set Par as

https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM

Everything else seems to work. Any idea why ?

• Hi are there any  parameters i need to set in the pixhawk i getting no data to the osd

• Did you try this in Missionplanner 

0.jpg

• it works fine under ArduCam V2.0

give it try Thank's

• well that work

i like to know what it changed ?

• take a look at  CONFIG/TUNING > Full Parameter list  > SRO_EXT_STAT up to SR3_RC_CHAN.

It is changed compaired to your previous settings.

"2" means it is set to automatic.

• Two questions:

1. What are the latest "Copter" pre-release revision numbers for "character set", firmware, etc?

2. Will "2.4_r791.hex" & "MinimOSD_2.4.0.1" work with the new "MICRO MINIMOSD"

• Anyone,it's only been 8 days since my last post!!!

Pyr8,

I suspect you may not have received a response based on the fact that as you put it, it's "new". There may not be anyone following this thread who has direct experience with the combination of Micro MinimOSD and Copter Code for MinimOSD. Perhaps you can be the first and report back!

As far as I am aware r800 is the most recent version and contains everything required in the zip linked above in the header. I'm flying AC3.3 rc8 right now and can report it works well with MinimOSD.

Hope that helps,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• Do you have any idea how to change the "BAUD" rate within MinimOSD?

This reply was deleted.

Activity