Replies

• Just want to start with a thanks for this great project.  I am still waiting on my taranis but  I was wondering if this could work on a Digispark (http://digistump.com/products/1) instead of a teensy of if I should jut get a teensy on order. I only ask because i have some digisparks and orders take about 30 for anything  to ship out here... 

Thanks!

Digispark USB Development Board - Digistump
    Digistump.com
    • The Digspark is using 5V and FrSky S.Port is 3.3V. 

• Hi Rolf,

I just want to first of all say thank you for this, this is so easy to achieve its fantastic, great work!

I now have my Hex with a pixhawk outputting telemtry from pixhawk to my Taranis control, laptop via wireless and also OSD

I did have one thought, how difficult would it be to add into the code the ability to drive one of these (https://www.pjrc.com/store/dev_display_128x64.html)? I know that weight is king in a drone, but for a few grams this would be an excellent way to see the status of the pixhawk/apm etc.

Thx

Wm

PJRC Store
  • Got a small problem with the initialization routine.

If i connect Teensy alone to APM telemetry port (RX, TX and GND) I receive no data at all on my Taranis (LED is on, flickering)

If however i connect Teensy in parallel with the 3DR radio (obviously only RX and GND) data starts showing on Taranis AS SOON as 3DR Radio has made a connection to APMPlanner (LED again on, flickering)

It seems to me that 3DR Radio is successful in requesting data streams from APM, but Teensy on its own is not. Any idea where the problem lies ?

Thanks in advance

• There could be a problem with the signal levels from Teensy because it is 3,3V on TX output and the APM is 5V or even higher depending on the voltage you supply the APM with.

All inputs to the Teensy is 5V tolerant but it can only drive up to 3.3V.  You can try to use a level converter or lower the voltage to  the APM a little.

My APM is working with Teensy without a problem with a voltage supply from the 3DR Power module of 4,9V measured at the IO pins, the threshold level on ATMega2560 is ~3V @ 5.5V or ~2.8V @ 5V Vcc.

• Problem found and fixed. A teacher once said to me "start with the basics" - was a break in the TX  cable I used, how embarrassing ...

BTW I am also running a 3DR power module (4S batt in my case) - my IO voltage measures 4,96 V. Pretty close but still works fine

• Hi Rolph,

Just wanted to thank you very much for this !

Special thanks also to Francis for the battery voltage detection, it works like a charm.

I'm a total newbie, yet I got my Teensy and my telemetry working perfectly.

This is really great stuff and I hope it can get copied over the the wiki or at least get some more exposition because it's just the perfect complement for any Taranis users out there.

Cheers,

Murphy

• A footnote to my PixHawk question. I am using the Telem2 connection to the Teensy and am wondering if that has the same data as Telem1 ?

Peter 

• Your sure that you are connected to SPort and not SBus??

/Rolf 

This reply was deleted.

Activity