Replies

• I was having trouble trying to get both a 3DR telemetry radio and a Pro Mini converter working with a Y-lead from the APM telemetry port - either one would work but when both were connected the 3DR radio would stop transmitting.

The problem is that the Pro Mini serial port isn't high impedence due to it being shared with the onboard USB.

I got around it by building a serial amplifier using a NPN diode and 3 resistors. If anyone needs it I can post a diagram.

Sam

• Hi, Sam.

Please post a diagram of your amplifier. I am having the same problem with a Mavlink to Jeti Duplex converter, running on a pro mini.

Regards

Lars

• You got this sketch working with a Pro mini ?

• Yes it works well on Pro Mini, I think the only thing I changed was 'Serial1' to serial, since the Pro Mini has only one UART.
        • And how do you connect the sbus to the pro mini and at the same time  the telemetry port (coming from the apm) ?

Mind to share a schematic or picture of it?

Thanks 

• Sorry for the late reply Manuel - in the version I have, the Mavlink goes to the serial port and the S.Bus line is connected to Pin 9 and SoftSerial is used for that. It is linked to from somewhere in this thread but I can't remember what page it's on or where the git repo is! It isn't stated in the readme. If you get stuck looking for it let me know and I can post it here.

Edit:

Ok I found it: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/amp-to-frsky-x8r-sport-converter?...

All credit to Hector! Note that you need to change 'Serial1' to 'Serial' for Pro Mini. 

Sam

Sam

• Greetings!

I've read through the forum a few times. I had everything working correctly and was receiving telemetry back to the frsky. I went to boot up today and no telemetry to the frsky. I hooked up the teensy 3.1 to USB and used the serial monitor in adruino and I'm receiving data from the APM but the data doesn't appear to be being sent to the Transmitter. I haven't made any changes.

My setup is a Taranis Plus running 2.0.12 and the RC2 scripts. Is it possible that the output port has gone bad on the teensy? If it was just the scripts on the Taranis would I still see the GPS location on the subpage of telemetry? Right now on the Transmitter I just get a very fast moving mah reading.

Any help would be appreciated!

• hi luis,

maybe i have a bug with opentx 2.0.12 by using the telem1.lua script. see https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/1834

my trani change logical switches after a long uptime by it self.

so i decide to remove all bmp files from telemetry screen by replacing against asci chars.

also i lower the use of garbage collector by removing string concat operations.

at least i move all variable initialisation from functions to script head. this is nothing i like, but i got this tip to reduce script problems.

if interested on this, my changed file is located here https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/blob/e2b1f67b0e350d...

info, in this script i also remove the engaged messages because i do not need them. but they are not the problem.

/g

wolke

settings for logical switches are sometimes changed by itself · Issue #1834 · opentx/opentx
    hi, i noticed a strange problem with logical switches. i have defined 6 Logical switches to get six flight-modes at my apm2.6 using switches SG and S…
    • Hi Wolke

Thanks for the warning.

I really believe that something strange is happening on OpenTX 2.012 and even on later builds. I began having audio stuttering problems when an SD card had many files, and later I saw some reboots from the radio. Not sure how related the audio problems were (I could work around these by carefully copying the files to the SDCard) with the reboots.

I've opened also an issue on OpenTX 

https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/1779

I don't think that it is related with the concatenation issues or too many bmp's being used or even the variable initializations. No way to prove this but just a feeling.

Unfortunately these problems are not easy to reproduce, and I don't have a good way of debugging on the radio, because on the simulator things are not the same....

Stuttering audio when telemetry screen running · Issue #1779 · opentx/opentx
      When running this telemetry script https://github.com/lvale/MavLink_FrSkySPort/blob/DisplayAPMPosition/Lua_Telemetry/DisplayApmPosition/Model_Name/te…
      • hi,

today i have successfully  reproduce the Logical And Switch bug here. it happens also with my changed telemetry scripts without bmp files.  projectkk2glider from opentx develop team on github suspect an error in audio thread. i think that this can be true. hopefully they can solve this. do you know if there is a stable version of opentx available. older than 2.0.12 which works well with this mavlink to frsky converter and also with your telemetry script. maybe RELEASE-r2940? i have a film job next week and need an  stable working setup:(

/g

wolke

projectkk2glider - Overview
        projectkk2glider has 9 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.
This reply was deleted.

Activity