Replies

• Thanks for quick reply. I should have put more details in my post. I don't use separate voltage meter to get individual cell measurements. I'm just trying to get overall battery voltage from flight controller. I thought it's possible. I checked https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort instructions to disable the "Single Cell Lipo Voltage Monitor" functionality to use reported Mavlink voltage instead. 

I start thinking maybe my flight controller is not properly configured to provide voltage measurements to telem port.

Re logging. I tried to telnet to Teensy and I can connect to it, but I'm not seeing what's going on. I thought logging is enabled by default. 

Thanks!

wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort
        This MavLink_FrSkySPort repository is discontinued! The development is moved to Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort where we work together on this. Please d…
        • I think you must configure the SR rates for the according serial port (SR2 and SR0) in MP full parameter list.

I found nothing recommended so I took the values for the minimosd I found there::

https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM

Cheers

Gregor

• Thanks, Gregor. Fascinating read. :)

SR values are not correctly written back after the change. I think it's known bug. Unfortunately, for me it affects both APM Planner 2.0.15 on Mac and Mission Planner 1.3.22 on Windows.

To reproduce I just changed some SR0_*, SR1_* and SR2_* values to recommended in this thread. https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM

Then click on "Write To" button.

Disconnect, reconnect and click on "Refresh" under Full Parameters List.

Most changed SR values are back to what they were before the change...

I might have to roll back to much older version of Mission Planner on Windows and try it again, but somehow I don't feel very optimistic about this.

Any other ideas?

• I upgraded to latest APM Planner 2.0.17 and changed again all SR* values in Full Parameters List. I'm not sure they persist, to be honest. What strange is: I'm getting GPS, compass and barometer data from FC/Teensy, but completely lack battery information on the left side of the screen. Has anyone seen similar issue? Maybe my lua script needs changes? 

Thanks.3702878882?profile=original

• Found a place under Optional Setup -> Battery Monitor, where one supposed to add battery capacity. What if I fly different capacity batteries? 4000, 3300 etc - am I supposed to change it in MP every time I change the battery? I entered 4000 there for now.

After I changed Voltage under Enter Measured Value to 12.6 the left side of display started to show voltage, but it's rather strange - it jumps from 9.0 to 16.6 V.

Under Advanced section of Battery Monitor three is Calibration section. Where can I find instruction how to do this properly?

• @Garry Szakacs

thx,

i noticed my faulty code in teensy2 and pro mini folder. correct code is:

case 0:        // Sends the ap_longitude value, setting bit 31 high
            if(ap_fixtype==3) {
              if(ap_longitude < 0){
                ap_longitude = ap_longitude * -1;
                latlong=(ap_longitude/100)*6  | 0xC0000000;
              }
              else
              {
                latlong=(ap_longitude/100)*6  | 0x80000000;
              }
              FrSkySPort_SendPackage(FR_ID_LATLONG,latlong);
            }
            break;
          case 1:        // Sends the ap_latitude value, setting bit 31 low  
            if(ap_fixtype==3) {
              if(ap_latitude < 0 ){
                ap_latitude = ap_latitude * -1;
                latlong=(ap_latitude/100)*6 | 0x40000000;
              }
              else

sorry, this was my fault. this happens because i am in germany and we have positive coordinates here. removing abs() do the job in this case. that's why i do not noticed this fault.

fixed in commit https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/commit/6213e7d40a5d...

and commit https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/commit/6b3988367931...

/g

wolke

• I tried that also :

ap_latitude = ap_latitude * -1;

But for some reason while the latitude was showing the correct numerical value , it was constantly cycling from  negative to positive on the Taranis display.

• I just wanted to say.

THANK YOU!!!

• Hi,

thanks for this great explanation. I will try to dig into this in the next days and will post my results here.

Happy flying

Thomas

• Dear all,

i am trying to set up the scripts of Luis Vale on my Taranis. Everything worked in principal and i got some infos to the screen but not all. Especially i do not get the flight modes from my APM ("FlightMode mismatch). I read  many of the posts here and searched on github for other versions but without  real success. Unfortunately i am also not an experienced programmer so i was not able to understand the complete logic of the libraries and the lua scripts so that i would be able to help myself.

My question is: Is there a version around that works with this configuration: APM 2.6 with 3.1 Firmware, Teensy 3.1 and a Taranis with openTX 2.0.12 or higher? Or is there some good explanation how things work together? Especially how i can i grap specific values from the telemetry stream and use them in the lua scripts?

Thanks for your help! Thomas

This reply was deleted.

Activity