Replies

• strange when i set ch8 to trigger RTL i can see it change on the taranis but it follows a "flight mismatch  " sound 

where can i fix it ?

also on ch7 i choose Auto Tune and when i trigger it i see on mission planer "autotune stopeed" 

is it normal ?

i am on opentx 2.0.15 and AC 3.2.1

• Flight mismatch message is heard when the flight mode reported by the PixHawk is different from what is set by the switches on the radio (equivalent to the 6 flight mode slots).

As I don't consider RTH a "normal" flight mode, and it can be triggered by some failsafe events on the PixHawk, I chose to let it trigger the "Mismatch" message.

The Autotune procedure has a series of requisites to happen (see the wiki). After the vehicle is tunes you can assign CH7 to other things that might make sense to you.

• Wolke, I need your help. We spoke briefly about this before. I'm referring to the siren operating on low voltage. I was flying today and the siren operated when I believe I breached the 3.6 volts 'warning' threshold (so I have my Warn,V/100 set to 360 in the cellinfo page. I have Crit,V/100 set to 330). The 3.6 volts only appears to have been breached momentarily, but the siren sounded (every 10 seconds thereafter) and would not stop! - until I shut down the radio. Is there any way you can please take a look at this in the code, as its a tad annoying , and I believe the fix would be useful to users of the script generally. Bizarrely, I have the Use Horn value set to 0 - which I thought meant that it should not play the siren at all, but it clearly does play the siren with it set to 0.

Thanks for your efforts - they are greatly appreciated and I think this is one of the best telemetry screens out there. Paul

• Wolke, thanks so much for getting back to me. I totally forgot about the Wh value. It's probably set for my 3s batteries from my old copter. I do not have a Wh reading on my charger so the value I enter is calculated on Ah x nominal voltage, so probably not a completely accurate representation of the changing voltage of a cell during charge/discharge. Wondered why you use both Ah and Wh in your settings. Isn't Ah sufficient by itself?
      • i personally prefer Wh as indicator for battery capacity, or more exact "stored energy". at least ma/h do not tell anything about real consumed energy. W is dependent on Voltage and A which currently flow. at least the only real important information. and Wh is dependen on V, A and Time.

/g

wolke

• Wolke, I think I found the cause of the alarm:

3702792316?profile=originalNote the very large Wh reading - I appreciate that this field has grown to encroach upon the reading for mAh so I don't really know what value its showing for Wh here. How would I go about switching off the Wh display (and alarm) in the LUA code? I don't really have any purpose for it. Maybe I could just reconfigure the display to display mAh and Wh on 2 seperate lines, with a smaller font?

Also, How would I display the Cells value on there (from the FrSky FLVSS) instead of the value coming from the Pixhawk?

Thanks, Paul

• I think that when an alert sounds a great idea would be to have a status message which appears on the Telemetry screen to identify the cause of the alert. Would this be possible for a future version? I realise that the OpenTX Telemetry is changing soon so will likely need recoding of the LUA screens anyway. 

Thanks again, Paul

• hi,

did you configure Mixer Script offset.lua correctly. you have to load and configure this script. and the last option "BatCap Wh" is important. this hold the battery Wh which can consumed. if this value is reached also an alarm will played all 8 seconds. this alarm stops only after shut down the radio.

if you not load the script the alarm plays instantly because telm1.lua get an 0 for  "BatCap Wh". if you load the script without configuring  "BatCap Wh" the default value is set to 30 Wh. this mean the alarm will start after 30Wh consumption.

at least this scripts are well tested with teensy 3.1, single cell monitor active, opentx 2.0.15 - 2.0.17 and ardupilot 3.2.1. if you use higher software versions the scripts and teensy code do not run as expected. also the use of an teensy3.1 is recommended.

/g

wolke

ps:

because support for ardupilot 3.3 and opentx 2.1. I will start rewriting my scripts and teensy code if this versions are in a stable status. i personally never fly with beta versions. that why i currently can not give any support in this case. 

• I use wolkstein version. Is it possible to take turns with playing height/GPS/spped...etc voice?

• I just study Lua script, I think that I can modify the model script to implement it. thanks.

This reply was deleted.

Activity