Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• RC 2 is there! I've flashed it yesterday but hat no real chance to test it. Just a 1 minute flight in the rain.

Loiter and Althold performed very well.

Somebody else who tested it already?

• David Dewey's Crash!..

May I ask why wasn't there flashlog in the APM?

Is it because David disabled it? Or is it because there was a glitch in the system that prevented the log being recorded?

I think the flashlog is the most helpful thing to determine the cause of an accident. I don't understand why it is not there!..

• MR60
    Hi,
    In the last mission planner version, i see a new checkbox next to the calibrate accel button. The text next to this checkbox seem to indicate a version number. What is the purpose of this checkbox? Should i check it or not , hacing 2.9.1b ?
  • Hi Everyone,

Today I had a bad crash that I hope someone can help me solve.

I've been testing V3.0 rc 1 every day since it came out, on my little ArduPhantom, and I've made dozens of flights so far (on a typical day about 3 batteries every morning and 3 more in the afternoon, sometimes a few in the evening as well). I've flown in nearly all modes, with mostly great success. V3.0 is pretty awesome.

So I was quite surprised this afternoon when I attempted a takeoff as usual, only to have my quad shoot up into the sky like a rocket (in stabilize mode) while wobbling madly in the roll axis. Reducing the throttle a bit to try to get the situation under control caused the motors to stop altogether, and it plummeted at an equally high rate of speed into a nearby road, completely destroying my Hero 3 and the Phantom case on impact.

Tlog attached. Can someone experienced in reading logs please take a look and try to decipher what went wrong? If we can find the source of the problem and prevent others from having the same experience in the future, then perhaps the loss of my GoPro and Phantom case will not have been in vain.

I need some closure after what happened today, so I'll be grateful to anyone who can help me solve this mystery.

Thanks in advance.

2013-05-11 11-54-54.tlog

• Xbee Telemetry bricked.

Recently since i started to use the 2.9.1b version every time i disconnect my battery from the quad, my xbee Telemetry in the quad is bricked.

I have no issues in flight or on the ground, just when i disconnect the battery.

I'm flying an arducopter hexa with APM 2560. with the 2.9.1b and an XBee 2.4ghz telemetry kit.

I have checked the cables, but they are ok. After unbricking the XBee i connecting again the battery, everything is working again till the next battery replacement. I don't know if it has something to do with the MP or the APM, or it's just bad luck.

I have purchased a second a second XBee to see if it's a problem with my XBee, but with the spare it's happening the same.

Thanks

• Roberto S, this is going into the wrong thread for some strange reason so had to put it as a new post!

There was discussions about that awhile ago, it is to do with the throttle trim setting I believe that the autopilot thinks it needs compared to the actual throttle setting for a hover (it is supposed to auto learn that setting depending on battery power available). It used to be called throttle trim, not sure what it is called now as I am not near my quad to check.

• Just a curiosity question about the loiter, having trimmed out the bad habits for this release the loiter is not bad at all, certainly acceptable for what I currently need it to do. However, when I am in a stable hover and then select loiter the quad starts to climb, if I leave it it will keep climbing, so why doesn't the autopilot correct that?

The only way I can stop it climbing is to reduce the throttle slightly then it is happy and stays put.

• I found a bug.

If you press reset button on the board andm ission planner is connected over 3dr link the board will not boot.

This is pretty annying having the computer inside my house on the seccond floor. Run inside and disconnect it go outsidr again reboot multirotor and then go back inside to connect mission planner and then go outside again.

• Hello everyone, I switched to version 2.9.1b from 2.8 and I noticed a lot more power in the throttle. To keep hovering throttle stick is now about 40%, how can I set this? when i switch to loiter mode my hexa fall down until the throttle stick is in the middle.

someone help to me please?

thanks

roberto

• Any tips for leveling the craft with MP 1.2.50 and 3.0 rc1 !?

This reply was deleted.

Activity