Developer

ArduCopter 2.6 released!

Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!

Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect.  If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.

The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.

Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
     - MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]

- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]

- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]

- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]

- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]

- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]

- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]

- flip & acro improvements [Jason]

- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]

- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]

Bug fixes include:

- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]

- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]

- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]

- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]

- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]

- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]

- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]

Tuning:
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props.  If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs.  Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.

All feedback welcome below.  Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list.  When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).

Happy flying!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• With the AH problem resolved on my APM2, I loaded 2.6 on my APM1.

Stab as usual ok.

AH not so responsive but acceptable. When lowering or lifting the quad in AH with THR, is the altitude reset?? Mine still comes back to its previous height.

Loiter also quite good. Within 2m.

But the yaw problem returned ....

In flight when hovering it randomly changes yaw for about 10 degrees. I did some hard turns a then in hover again at it wouldn't do it. Just random yaw changes. Reamed and still there.

Calibration of compass was auto  

• @OG

What y6 do you fly im also busy building up my rc carbon 720mm y6
  • Hello Randy,
    I have a odd issue with 2.6 . I just upgraded to 2.6 on my Y6 & during endurance testing I realized that motor 3 stops when at half throttle or over. I felt it was the ESC going, but after swapping esc & motor still stopped when over half throttle.
    I save and imported my config after the upgrade. could some setting cause this issue ?  
  • Sorted this dropping problem when switching to AH or Loiter (on some airframes)

a change in config.h to

# define MINIMUM_THROTTLE    120

recompile and upload

eeprom erase and reset(important)

Set up the hardware and controls in Mission planner as normal

Just tested, everything working perfectly...

• Version 2.6 works fine on small quadrocopter
    and the very large Octacopter V (first flight yesterday)
    big thank you :)

Klaus from Germany

3692451677?profile=original

• Hello all, I tired to fly the Arducopter Hexa jdrones 880Kv APM1 v2.6, in Stabilize mode at a lower height in no wind condition. Problem is it is moving in the backward direction while i am applying the throttle only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMQvY_BeJ2Y

I dont see this problem in the videos posted by others here. Shouldn't it just lift and drop at same location in the absence of wind?? What am i doing wrong?

• Could somebody tell me what Arducopter file holds the code for taking the MavLink provided parameters and assigning them to Arducopter variables.

Trying to track this to see what ends up where, there seem to be a lot of redundant defines and assignments.

• I did a test with 2.6 on my APM 2.

STAB great as ever, even indoors ;-)

But when I switch to Alt Hold, the quad descends each time hitting the ground.

I'm sure each time I switch I'm in stable hover.

When in AH and give a little bit of thust it stays at the desired altitude.

So I think my stab hover level doenst correspond to the hover level in AH.

Is this something to do within the code?

In previous version the APM seemed to rise in AH to about three meters before stopping. Now its the contrary.

• the red LED on my apm 1 not lit and the entire flight was so late. try to return home and not work. why not lit the red light? has passed several times

• Good morning to everyone.

I've just checked the verision 2.6 but I have some problem with the PID.

In the past I flown 2.45 with a lighter hexa without problem, now I've replace the motor and esc increasing the weight and the motor to motor distance. The configuration of my hexa now is:

• Motor emax gt 2218/11 with APC 12x6
    • motor to motor distance 75cm
    • APM1 
    • Esc turnigy flush 40A
    • Battery 2x4500 
    • Two axis gimbal
    • Total weight about 3kg.

With standard PID is fully unstable. Then I reduced stabilize P from 4.5 to 3.8 and Rate P to 0.145 to 0.1. The situation is better but it's still unstable with wide oscillation.

Any suggestion?

Do you think that the value of Rate P is correct and I need to reduce more stabilize P or I need to tune other parameters?

Thank a lot folks!

Mario

This reply was deleted.

Activity