Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tested auto with 8 wpts flew okay but did have a noticeable twitch at each wpt. Not horrible but not smooth. Seems about like it was in the older firmware. I have EKF off does this need to be on to realize the improvements in 3.2? 

• Today I test SPLINE_WAYPOINTS, DO_SET_ROI, DO_JUMP, DO_CHANGE_SPEED, CONDITION_DISTANCE, CONDITION_YAW, LOITER_TURNS, TAKEOFF, LAND, RETURN_TO_HOME, DRIFT MODE. Work as described. Drift mode - very liked.

One thing: the flight speed should be reset to default on any flight mode change. This is to be.

Arducopter 2.6.

• My yaw behavior in missions is totally inconsistent.  I have the WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR parameter set for follow GPS course.  So it should be pointing ahead all the time.  I make a mission with spline waypoints, say 10 of them.  It flies the plan nicely, but the yaw is never doing the same thing. Sometimes it follows the GPS course.  Sometimes it just points "over there".  Sometimes it points at the next waypoint.

The same happens when I use ROI.  It will start off looking at the ROI.  THen end up off in la-la-land.

Why would this happen?  I'm using the RC5 beta.

• Hello everyone, my apm has once again freezer in flight, falling 7m do not understand why. We are off again all 4 engines for no reason, can someone give me a hand?

LOG:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QJRmFQmku9djcxTlpLOEpCRzQ/edit?u...

2014-08-30 08-25-31.bin
  • Log_bitmask for Pixhawk.

Where is the best place to look to find the current up to date bitmask info fro 3.2-rc5 ?

What's in Mission Planners parameter note didn't result in what I expected today.

Or even better, can somebody confirm what the bitmask value for logging everything is currently ?

Martin

• MP might have an error in the note. Says 6146 is 'nearly all', but I think it might be more like 6142.

??

• Hi Martin,

Don't forget the minus in front of the 6142 figure...
        If you forget you will not get the full set...
        • LOL. The penny drops. The minus in the notes is on the previous line, not in front of the value. I guess there was a space between and word wrap separated them.

So the bitmask is a 2's complement value type ?

• If it is 2's complement like it seems to be it would be nice to have that said in the Mission Planner note text. I've only used or created bitmasks before that were unsigned type and assumed that is was unsigned also.

Martin

• After I concluded that the number of selectable items went down, by forgetting the minus sign, adding the sign gives you a full list.
              So indeed I think this is a decimal representation to get a hex flag value, which is used in the code, but your guess is as good as mine...
              Slowly figuring out how to play with all these settings, and that's actually fun ;-)
              list.so
              도메인, 도메인등록, 퀵돔등록, 도메인연장, 도메인이전, 무료 파킹, 무료포워딩 제공, 국내 최저가 도메인 서비스 제공, 웹호스팅, 서버호스팅, 홈페이지제작, 쇼핑몰, 서버, IDC
This reply was deleted.

Activity