Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Rob, I really enjoyed your video of autonomous flights of Trex500E with AC3.2RC9. Would you pls share your build wiring details and your parameters.

• I don't know what I'm more impressed with the great smooth auto run or your camera work! That's not easy zooming in on a dot in the sky going that fast! 

• That was really impressive! :)

Good job Rob!

-Mike

• I don't fly helicopter but that's very impressive. Dang it's fast! Great work! 

• I don’t know (and if) the effects were small or big in each country/continent.

But in the last weekend we had a "Solar Storm", there is a lot of information in the net about it.

Here in Brasil (São Paulo), on Saturday (13/09)  , I tried more than 4 multis with different sizes and GPS brands, and… nothing….really bad Loiter and Poshold.

And without the information about this (on Saturday), I spent more than 6 hours analyzing the logs, and only one problem detected, small number of satellites fixed (7 or 8 satellites).

So this last weekend was a little bit different in terms of “normal conditions” for tests, mainly for flight modes using GPS.

I really don’t know if this “event” can interfere in other components as well, but here, a really cant flight as usually.

I only writing this because, I spent a lot of time to understand something that is complete out of my hands.

Regards

Robert

• I noticed the exact same thing

3calism.png

OK my tale of woe playing 3.2 rc 9 here http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=9673

I have probably committed several schoolboy errors I am not a multicopter flying blender person. That error message happened in two separate boards.

I would be ever so grateful for a look at the bin file over on the link. TIA

• AC3.2 RC7 HEXAROTOR

I did several flights in auto mode, and I have two logs where the drone get disoriented along the way.

FYI the external magneto is positioned at the end of a mat of 15 cm and is not subject to any deviation due to magnetic field.

I suspect that EKF check thresh is not disabled in INAV or another algorithm check the gap between the external and internal magneto, that's it or am I wrong?

The problem is that the internal pixhawk magneto is subjected to multiple magnetic fields from the PDB as positioned just above, and I do not want to make compass mot calib.

For reasons of reliability it will be wise for those who want to completely disable all check both magneto in flight to avoid false positive.

The préarm check to see if the two magneto are roughly in line seems interesting for those who wish to rely on internal magneto as a backup solution.

You will find as an attachment both automatic flight logs where drone get disoriented and recovered in altitude hold mode.

How to ensure that the drone didn't get more disorients?

192.BIN

198.BIN

• Randy, can you tell me about pixhawk rssi pwm input ? When...?

• Is there any more up to date info on planning missions? The info here differs somewhat from what I see in APM Planner v2. I'm using rc9

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-planning-a-mission-with-way...

For example:

Does the takeoff command need a lat lon set?

Does land also need a lat lon set?

The wiki says no but when I add this type of waypoint it automatically puts in a lon lat position.

Also it puts a waypoint 0 in NAV:HOME but then my next command is NAV:TakeOff. Since TakeOff has a lat lon set, I'm not sure if it will fly to that location, gradually increasing altitude or if I need to put NAV:TakeOff on top of NAV:HOME.

Also is there anyway to edit this file directly so I can change the NAV:Waypoint to NAV:Spline_Waypoint ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity