Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Henri,

no, I don't have such a "fly the kids over town" copter who is sucking so many amps :-)

With my 2.5kg I only consume 13 to 14 amps at all.. But sounds like you are doing great.

• Christian,

I guess you were thinking of this quad? LOL (see photo)

medium-Quad-1.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702825072?profile=original
            • Henri,

yes something like this.. lol

• X8R is s.bus receiver, so maybe is it the problem with pixhawk ppm input ? Apm use internal ppm encoder, but it have no lag on rc commands (roll, pitch). Maybe it is the problem with new rc_feel process ?
        Can someone explain ?
  • i think all those fine tuning the PIDs of copter must put a dummy load of gimbals + camera before they begin tuning. the PIDs would be different with and without camera specially THR_MID and to some extent roll and pitch P because the expected camera weight being below the CG of craft. this would save a repeat of tuning flights after installing camera and gimbals.

• Hello to the DEVS and Testers,

I have a question for you. I have flown my quad on SW Revs 3. up to 3.1.5.
    All have flown well for me. However, there is a bug that is driving me crazy that I can't figure out.
    The quad flys perfect in all modes. Then I attach a lightweight gimbal and gopro. Now, in loiter it wanders around and bounces up and down in altitude and twitches. I've played with the loiter pid sand no joy. I've CAL'd the compass, no help. I haven't been able to auto tune or compass mot. Do I need the power module installed for compass mot? Auto tune would require dis-assembling the quad (Quanum Nova)and rewiring it.

Will 3.2 help?

I see folks mentioning how stable 3.2 is but they don't seem to be testing with the extra weight of a camera and gimbal.

Thanks for all you guys do for the community.

Don.
    • Sounds like your THR_MID may not be set right with the added weight of the gimbal and camera. Might be worth a shot to tinker with it. Instructions here:  Setting Throttle Mid

• Thanks Michael,

I will give that a try when the new frame arrives in a few weeks. I had a catastrophic crash the other day. I'm pretty sure it was my fault.

Do you know if I need a power module installed in order to do a Compass Mot?

Thanks again.

Don.
        • No for compassmot you do not need a power module, BUT you will get  a more "accurate" result if you have one. 

• Randy,

I saw have some problem about message is "Bad Gyro Health" on Mission planner is every time when first armed only with 3.2-rc2. I don't know it is a bug or not? But, I still can nice flight is no problem.

This reply was deleted.

Activity