Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, I have. I not only lose altitude level. I'm losing all stabilize function

• Developer

Alp,

Definitely need a dataflash log file.

• Hello Randy,

About my upper report, please tell me if it's miss use from my part or if my repported issue could be considered as bug.

• Randy,

Crash due to bug in GPS failsafe or Land mode or Geo Fence.

The log attached shows you a flight that I realized in specific conditions:

Takeoff in a valley where there was not GPS (sats 0).
    => Préarm check prevents arming the drone
    => I deactivated pre-arm check
    I took off in ALT HOLD, and when the drone took height, it acquired the gps, then it moved very quickly at the max lean angle set (30 deg) against a rock wall and smashed it.

It happens that others like me want to take off from a place where there are no GPS.

To prevent this behavior to other users, you can ensure to disable following functions if the drone does not have a GPS HDOP GOOD when arming:

• Geofence
    • GPS FAILSAFE
    • RTL

Also that LAND works only in inertial mode.

And other flight modes using GPS as Loiter only work in flight if GPS HDOP GOOD is reached.

it would be interesting that you explain how GPS GLITCH react when drone take off without gps and when it acquire GPS positions in flight.

43.BIN

• Hello

A small task
    to use our experimental carrier is with pixhawk 3.2 RC12

http://youtu.be/LcixgRRB4sU

• Awesome flight test but where's the dog that goes with the leash? Are you planning to use the drone to walk the dog later?  LOL

• Firstly, Thanks to all of the Developers and Testers out there!!  Great work.

Today, tested RC12 on  Pixhawk X250 Quad.  AMAZING!  Very happy!

Everything I checked worked extremely well (as far as I can tell).  I left my MS Surface at home (in the rush to bet the weather) so I couldn't really do any tuning.  Just used defaults with a small change to the climb rate PID.

Tried both 1300 and 2200 mAh batteries and the extra weight caused a slight increase in the hover throttle % (as expected) but no major down side in performance.

Flew:

Stabilize = OK

AltHold = OK

PosHold = OK

Drift = OK

RTL = OK

Land = OK

I have a large MAG offset in the Z axis but this does not seem to harm the performance.  Probably due to the FPV camera being right under the GPS/Compass.

MAG OFFSETS = X:-27.00, Y:40.00, Z:216.00

I checked the EKF data and the IMX, IMY, and IMZ innovations & SMX, SMY and SMZ measurements are all in limits.  I think that is the right place to check as I think this should show any errors or inconsistencies in navy calculations.

Is it OK to leave this?

PosHold, Alt Hold and Drift  felt rock solid. In stabilise it climbs very well, a bit slower in other modes. Overall, everything worked exceptionally well.

Thanks for all the hard work done.  Hear is a log if it can be of any use.

2014-10-13 11-14-10 x250 1300b02.log

• Randy and All,

On the Morning, I have test is Auto Spline Waypoint with 3.2-rc12 is very stable and perfect. And, I have show my video @ below.

• Here is something that happen to me...

On two different setups, one with genuine pixhawk and the other with a clone.

Using teeny 3.1 on telemetry port 2 for datalink to Taranis on both setup

after update from 3.15 to 3.2 RC12 on the genuine Pixhawk every thing is good.

after update from 3.15 to 3.2 RC12 on the clone, unable to get data, no exchanges between teensy and clone. If revert to 3.15, all is back O.K.

Thank you for any ideas and support with this

and...  Keep the good work, it is greatly appreciated.

Mario

This reply was deleted.

Activity