Replies

• If you have the GPS/Compass module pointing the wrong way, it will fly off out of control in different directions.  Also, if you have the compass orientation parameter set incorrectly, it will no be able to maintain a heading.  The declination as described can also hose you.

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-installing-3dr-ublox-gps-co...

• Hey when I put my quad copter in loiter it doesn't seem to go all different directions but it just goes straight up and wont stop until I manually move the sticks to bring it back down and the other day all the motors just cut out and it fell from 38meters. Do you think that the magnetic declination is also my problem? 

• Hi to all,

I have the same problem today, and crash :(

When I put my octo copter in loiter it doesn't seem to go all different directions but it just goes straight ahead and wont stop until I manually move the sticks to bring it back down, but fell from 2 meters....

I broke 5 propeller.

• Have you guys found a solution to this loiter problem? mine is the same, or pretty close. mine really seems to go crazy after I hit the sticks to correct it. It will fight to go in the opposite direction that I move the sticks.

If you guys figured this out please let me know

thanks

• That was also my Problem!

• with my first flights i had an issue that seems very much like yours.

in my case it was simply an error in the configuration of magentic declination, i wanted to set 5º55' west and entered "-5.55" but windows regional settings expected a comma instead of a point.  the result was a magnetic heading with an error close to 180º, fixing this value fixed everything.

james

• Developer

Please post a flash log of your loiter and rtl flight and I'll send you some gains that will work. You most likely have many of them too high with your extra thrust.

Jason

• 3D Robotics

If you're not using the standard 3DR platform, you'll need to tune your settings for your copter. Check out the animated guide here.

I have the same problem with my Tricopter if I turn on RTL it comes back in my direction but it doesn`t stop it goes right past me until I nearly lose sight of it and have to bring it back myself, and in loiter mode, well I dont think that loiter mode does anything, it just drifts off..

This reply was deleted.

Activity