I've just released ArduPlane 2.67
This release fixes a number of important bugs, as well as adding a few new features.
This release changes how the level parameters are stored in EEPROM, so it is very important that you re-level your plane after upgrading if you have MANUAL_LEVEL set to 1.
The key changes in this release are:
- fixed a bug in the uBlox GPS driver that could cause it to setup the GPS with the wrong dynamic model, using the "portable" model instead of the "Airborne-4G" model. In some cases it could also leave the GPS in its default dynamic model. This results in poor navigation, and sometimes in poor attitude control due to inaccurate acceleration correction.
- fixed a bug in the APM parameter code that resulted in the deadzone parameters of auxiliary channels not being able to be set. For example, setting RC5_DZ would actually set RC5_MIN.
- add support for using vertical velocity from a uBlox GPS as part of the DCM acceleration correction.
- added new accelerometer calibration code from Randy. This adds an optional calibration step that can be performed using the "accel" command in the setup menu in the CLI. See description below.
- allow the CLI to run over the telemetry radio link. This is particularly useful for the new accel calibration code.
- added a new secondary aileron type. I'm hoping this will resolve the ongoing issues some users have had with the secondary aileron support
- changed WIND.speed direction to match the convention that the speed is based on where the wind is coming from
- fixed handling of parameter names of 15 or 16 characters (they could appear garbled in the ground station)
- added RSSI_PIN option to set the pin that measures the receiver RSSI
- added support for showing compass health in SYS_STATUS MAVLink message
- fixed throttle disable in VFR_HUD MAVLink message to always be between 0 and 100
added new parameter APM_OFFSET (thanks to Alexey Kozin)
The new accelerometer calibration code that Randy did is particularly interesting, as it gives us a way to get the accel calibration much more accurate along all 3 axes, which should improve the attitude solution somewhat. It is not properly documented yet, but if you are feeling adventurous then try running the CLI and running the "accel" command in the setup menu. This replaces the normal levelling process.