Error Uploading to ArduStation

Hello, I am relatively new to this ArduStation. I attempted to upload the Ardustation demo program using the ftdi cable, but i recieve the error:avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated to help me get this thing up and running.-Austin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm having the same issue not being able to upload code to the Ardustation. The error message is:

Binary sketch size: 22752 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
    avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
    avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Here are my details:

-Arduino 0022

-Selected Arduino Uno (and have also tried all the other ATmega 328 permutations)

-ATmega is plugged in with the notch in the correct direction and A0-A5 labels all agree in direction

-Running Ardustation 2.0.11

-Using a 3.3V FTDI cable (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8772) with up to date drivers

-Windows 7

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Pat

• Hello 

was a little too quick to fresh sign ardustation, it looks like it does not communicate with apm. It is green in power led and the red light flashes. When I press "Start Feeds" a red light on the xbee unit in the copter is visible. But nothing further happens. What baud rate should I enter before I upload the code with the Arduino? 57k is normal I think. 

It looks like ardussation is trying to establish communications but fail..

• Hi,

after spending a couple of hours in trying to get ArduStation to work, I found this Discussion. My ArduStation shows the same behaviour like Arni-Inges and heckmics. Must be a generell problem.

Looking forward for a solution.

Regards, Frank

• Same error here, can't upload to Ardustation. FTDI is ok, i can upload to Arduino Mini.

Board is set to Duelemanove / mini 328. Upper left LED is on, lower left blinks, lower right is off.

• i have buy ardustasion

and canot upload program

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
    avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

i have plug the power 12V and i have check 5V is good.

using FTDI using arduino

setting tools :

Arduino PRO board with 5V and 16 Mhz

38400 baud

is the ATmega328 have arduino bootloader (from DIY store)?

• I had same problem. I spent several hours and almost gave up. When I connected FTDI only green light was green. No LCD, no Chirp, no connection. I did all soldering again, checked everything and nothing. Then I remembered to turn potenciometers. DOH!! LCD was working.

I tried all possible settings on arduino at serial connection and boards. Just got scrambled results on serial monitor.

Then I tried to reverse chip. It worked. Chip in my package had red dot marking  on the wrong side. I turned it around. After I did this it was all OK. It took me 5 hours!

I also noticed that 2 LED lights had different polarity. It must be checked with multimeters as said in manual.

Correct setting for uploading is:

Arduino PRO board with 5V and 16 Mhz

38400 baud

Manual should be updated. It took me long time to figure it out.

• Hi Folks

My ArduStation and the ardupilot could not upload code, thats maybe due on wrong/unoptimal fuses set in the ATmega328:
    the factory-defaults are not safe as Its possible to overwrite the bootloader, thats can ocoure by brown-outs or a flaky powersource.

the best thing is to reburn the bootloader with the correct fuses settings. I use the ATmega168-settings..
    now the both are back in action ;-)
  • Ok, I just want to throw one more question out there before I get to bed, What type of input does the ArduPilot take? I see it is 3 pins for each channel, to be more specific how do I integrate my (what im guessing is 3 channels) RC helicopter's outputs to these inputs? The outputs on my helicopter go straight to dc motors. 1 dc motor for each propeller (It's one of those dual propeller helicopters) and then one dc motor for the tail.

I included pictures. Now i'm not using this helicopter for the actual project, it's obviously too small to hold all the equipment, but I would like to make use of the RC system.

Thank You
    -Austin

0913092133.jpg

0913092131a.jpg

0913092132.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3691963815?profile=original
  • 3D Robotics
    If you can sucessfully upload code to ArduPilot with this cable/PC but not to ArduStation, you've probably done something wrong when you assembled it (soldering error, part reversed, etc). I assume you've got the station powered on when you're uploading the code?
This reply was deleted.

Activity